PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test For Class 2?

MikeSamuel
23rd Nov 2001, 20:11
Just booked in for my initial Class 2 (JAA). They gave me a few details - and said I'd have to have a blood test, and wait for the results to come back etc... Before getting the all clear. Just wondered if this is usual? If not, I'll try and get out of it! Mikey does not like blood tests!

:p

rahaney
23rd Nov 2001, 21:21
Yes it is normal. i did a flying schol and got issued a class 2 for this after a cranwell medical.

However when I completed my PPL I was told i needed to have extra tests, and ecg and a blood test.

The ECG was free for me to have at my local docs but had to be "read" by a trained CAA person.

The blood test I had was only for Haemoglobin levels but it still takes a whole mini-syringe full though for some reason. any more queries email.
:D

:)

[ 23 November 2001: Message edited by: rahaney ]

grebo
25th Nov 2001, 08:33
Are you sure it's only for haemoglobin? do they do an hiv test? they do here in hong kong.

rahaney
25th Nov 2001, 14:29
I think its only for haemoglobin as my doctor gave me the envelope in which the blood sample goes in and the only block that was ticked on the other side was for a haemoglobin count. I'm not 100% certain that they didn't do anything else though. Hope this helps.

:)

foghorn
25th Nov 2001, 16:26
It's definitely only a haemoglobin test - mainly for low haemoglobin (anaemia).

The doctor that I went to for a class two several years ago had the testing machine at hand - he ran the tests there and then with a pin prick of blood and told me all about the problems that it could detect at the same time.

rahaney
26th Nov 2001, 03:01
you were so lucky foghorn. i hate needles and they drained a whole syringe from me! :D

MikeSamuel
27th Nov 2001, 21:00
Took them a while to find any blood inside me, but I did survive it - and it didn't hurt - much ;)