PDA

View Full Version : EK 777

Wannabe Flyer
26th Apr 2010, 04:50
Flew on EK last week. Outbound leg from DEL was a 330 and return from DXB was a 777 - 300

At the risk of igniting a debate, the 777 felt just so right from an SLF point of view. The seats on the 777 are so far ahead in all aspects including IFE, Features, Pitch etc as when compared to the 330. The restrooms are also more comfortable. Overall the build seemed just so much more solid and practical.

However I wonder if a plane with legs or 14K miles is practical to use on a route of 2K miles????

huntere
26th Apr 2010, 09:09
Have a look on Seatguru. Emirates have different "versions" of trim in different ac types. I know on PER/DXB the 340 is not the same service as the 777-200ER operated on the same route. This could explain the difference.

nebpor
28th Apr 2010, 10:42
Took EK 777 from Glasgow->Sydney in January.

Glasgow->Dubai leg was supremely comfortable, decent pitch and quite relaxing ambience, except for the 4 drunk idiots who ended up restrained at the back screaming at the flight attendends and arrested on touchdown in Dubai :{

Dubai->Sydney leg had us jammed in like sardines and was as bad as I expected the long-haul part to be.

Unknown what model of 777 on each leg, but was chalk and cheese.

On balance I'd do it again but only because it's the only route home with a single stop.... and that stop is only an hour.