PDA

View Full Version : Australian Flying Magazine now on-line

unairworthy
23rd Apr 2010, 05:28
After a long wait due to an over zealous internet domain name hoarder who couldn't see the forrest for the trees until the forrest was pointed out to him in or near a court room, Australian Flying Magazine is now on-line.

Why did I post this? - it has a free online classifieds section which is quite handy, better than paying $40+ for some of the others if you are a tight aviator like yours truly!

freshy1234
23rd Apr 2010, 05:48
Whats the address?

Google can only find the publisher.

unairworthy
23rd Apr 2010, 06:00
Sorry I didnt write it because I thought it would get blocked so i am using a cunning system to ensure that it gets through the nartzi filter.

www . australianflying . com . au

training wheels
23rd Apr 2010, 08:12
Flying: home (http://www.australianflying.com.au)

It's not blocked. Why would it be?

kblackburn
23rd Apr 2010, 08:32
for the link :ok:

Keith

ForkTailedDrKiller
23rd Apr 2010, 08:41
Hardly worth reading when they write rubbish like this:

It’s easy to understand the pilot’s side of the story. He had probably been in turbulence for most of the two hour flight from Upington - and a V-tail Bonanza doesn’t handle well in turbulence. It wags its tail and makes everyone feel sick. Also, and the pilot whould have known this, at the last count an amazing total of some 240 Bonanzas have broken up in the air. So we can understand that he was keen to get on the ground.

Dr :8

kblackburn
23rd Apr 2010, 08:51
Yeah, I see what you mean FTDK :hmm:

I thought the online mag may be useful for someone like me though (a Pom foreigner who wants to move to / fly in Australia). I'm trying to glean as much info as I can.

Keith

Fly-by-Desire
23rd Apr 2010, 10:25
unairworthy, im assuming that you are in someway connected to Australian Flying? :hmm:
Can i give you a suggestion to put forward? could you perhaps consider adding just a few collums for the professional pilot, im a bit tierd of reading about how to take-off and land and choosing the correct flying school, it might then progess a bit furthur from the newsagents shelf or the flying schools.

Ted D Bear
23rd Apr 2010, 11:03
Gotta agree with the last post. I used to subscribe but gave up for exactly the reasons suggested ... B b b b boring

Capt Fathom
23rd Apr 2010, 12:15
I don't think there is a dictionary you could use to translate what Fly-by-Desire posted! :(

Fly-by-Desire
23rd Apr 2010, 12:39
Give this a try: Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/)

Back on topic, it would also be nice if you used Aussie accidents instead of ones from S.A.
Like the website too :ok:

Ted D Bear
24th Apr 2010, 01:20
The website actually looks a lot better than the mag - and it's free! :ok:

Unhinged
24th Apr 2010, 10:20
It would need to be