PDA

View Full Version : Cadet Pilot Training in Aust/ NZ - help required

M Taylor
22nd Apr 2010, 05:29
I am completing an honours year of a BComm degree at Melb Uni. As I have a long standing interest in things aviation I will be doing a project on the cadet pilot training industry in Australian and NZ. The plan is to do a fairly comprehensive study of numbers, origins of students , net economic impact etc etc. Also complete an analysis on the competition to the Aust/ NZ industry who is going to N America, S Africa etc etc.

I have done some initial research online , industry magazines etc and have come up with the following list. I am not looking for any financial data as a global figure will be applied to each ab-inition cadet. Would really appreciate this help for people to add further information to what I have been able to put together below - as I am not a pilot or flying instructor -

Flight Training Adelaide:

China Airlines (Taiwan) - Numbers ? - Current Contract ?

Emirates Airlines - Numbers ? - have current contract

Cathay Pacific - Numbers - growing to 60 to 80 pa - have current contract

Dragonair - Numbers around 30 pa - have current contract

JapanExpress - Numbers ? - Current Contract ?

Vietnam Airlines - Numbers ? - Current Contract ?

Hainan Airlines ???

Air China (mainland China - still active at FTA??)

General Flying Service

Vietnam Airlines - Numbers ? - Current Contract ?

Point Cook campus of GFS - various Chinese airlines ? anyone have more information ?

China Northern in early 2000's - still active ?

Oman Air - active fairly recently ? - 15 pa

RMIT/ GFS

Read on RMIT website about training 90 cadets for Air China and Xiamen Airlines during 2006/07 - are there ongoing arrangements here ?

Australian Wings Academy (Gold Coast)

AirAsia - Numbers 60 to 80 pa - is contract ongoing ?

China Southern

Large school in WA - now owned by the airline - can graduate up to 300 pa - currently doing ?

MFTA (Moorabin Flight training academy)

Although based at Mangalore - seems to have graduated many groups from Mainland China for the last few years

Does anyone know what airlines they are destined for ? There is a picture of a China Southern aircraft on the website which

seems a little odd as China Southern have their own school in WA.

Chinese Airline Cadets

Clearly many are coming to Australia for pilot training - it is difficult to get a full picture as to what airlines they are destined for , where training

is done in Australia and what the numbers are. I have heard various rumours that many China Eastern cadets have been trained here - some by

Interair at Essendon. Are there regular schools that take the Chinese cadets - then they farm out any excess to other flying schools ?

RQAC - Airline Academy of Australia

Training cadets for China Airlines - did they take this over from FTA or do China Airlines use both providers - are any other airline cadets trained in Qld ?

Singapore Flying College

Campuses in both WA and Qld wholly owned by SIA and graduating cadets for SIA, Silkair and SIA Cargo - all training fully sponsored by parent airline.

SATA - Singapore Aerospace Technologies - Ballarat

Established a large school at Ballarat over recent years - are they doing any cadet training ?

New Zealand

Clearly some good flying schools and significant international provider of training - seems a little hard to gather concrete information on.

Ardmore Flying College has done cadet training for Xiamen airlines in the past - is this ongoing. What other schools in NZ are involved in this activity?

The_Pharoah
22nd Apr 2010, 14:34
mate, you might want to re-post this in the Dunnunda forums further on down the list, which is specifically for Aust/NZ. Post it in the questions subforum rather than reporting however first use the search function - you'd be surprised what you might find! :ok:

mohammad
23rd Apr 2010, 08:40
AustralianWingsAcademy (Gold Coast)

AirAsia - Numbers 60 to 80 pa - is contract ongoing ?

Contract isn't on going anymore. And they have lost another contract, Oman air, doesn't that tell you how disorganised a company can be??

Mohammad