PDA

View Full Version : Jerez Fte Vs Sabena Cae

I8UU8ME
21st Apr 2010, 23:52
Im stuck with 2 choices.... cant really figure out.... which of the two institutes offer a better deal in terms of their training program content... for the JAA ATPL (A)....

a lot of u guys definitely prefer a modular..... but im jus thinking of a solution to my current question !

the comparison is between the courses and the overview of the courses mentioned on their websites explaining the course.. costs.... etc ....

jerez...link...

FTE Jerez: Integrated JAR ATPL Course (http://www.ftejerez.com/courses/integrated/atpl.php)

sabena link...

Sabena Flight Academy (http://www.sfa.be/pilot-training/en/bpintro.htm)

ps: pls skip the word troll ! if u think u can help :) its simply soo confusing cant help asking all u guys !! i will owe u 1 if i really get this confusion sorted .

Founder
22nd Apr 2010, 00:40
I did my A320 Type-Rating and MCC at Sabena and found their training to be of very high standard,

and I have also heard some bad things about Jerez... very poor quality on their instructors is one thing,...

I8UU8ME
22nd Apr 2010, 12:19
Thank you sooo much.... point noted !!!

'I' in the sky
22nd Apr 2010, 13:24
Founder,
Care to eloborate ? Would that be groundschool instructors, flight instructors, MCC instructors or just generally all of us ?

welliewanger
22nd Apr 2010, 14:04
Hi,
I've seen some of your other previous posts and I'm glad to see that you're progressing in making your informed decision.

Having trained at FTE and since then instructed for Cabair, in my opinion FTE provide excellent training.

Since then, I have worked for CAE (not in Belgium though) They were also very competent and professional.

On the surface, I'd say that they are both very good and really it's more of a personal decision. You've got to decide what you want to get out of the course. CAE / Sabena appear to offer a more comprehensive package, but is it worth the extra time and money? IMHO the more training you can get, the better. However I'm not sure how much it will help you get a job.

BillieBob
22nd Apr 2010, 20:39
It depends where you want your licence issued. In terms of training quality, there is little to choose between them; and yes, I am sufficiently familiar with both providers to make that informed statement. If you go with FTE, your licence will be issued by the UK CAA and if you go with Sabena, it will be issued by the Belgian authority. If the state of licence issue is not a concern, it comes down to where you would prefer to spend about a year of your life and how much you are prepared to pay. In the end, there's only one person who can answer those questions.

Groundloop
23rd Apr 2010, 10:21
and I have also heard some bad things about Jerez...

Posts from people who actually trained there are reliable, second hand gossip is not!

Option C
23rd Apr 2010, 10:45
"very poor quality on their instructors is one thing"

I disagree. I found their instructors to be of a generally very high standard, with only one or two exceptions.

parkfell
27th Apr 2010, 18:47
Visit both, and then decide.

If you enjoy the warmth, then Spain is probably the answer.

Aptitude testing is an important precondition of entry, together with the issue of the class one medical before you finally decide.;)