PDA

View Full Version : q re baggage allowance aer lingus connecting with virgin

kerrylegal
21st Apr 2010, 20:22
Hi, sorry for posting something so mundane but I have spent the evening trawling the websites of both virgin and aer lingus without finding the answer to the question of what my baggage allowance is on a journey from DUB to Manchester (with Aerlingus) and a connecting flight with Virgin to MCO? Virgin seems to be the better option with 2 bags at 23 kg each but will Aer Lingus allow this as part of the interline courtesy stuff?

They are booked on the one e-ticket through expedia with 2 seperate booking references for the airlines. I can log into VA using their reference but have been unable to get into the Aer Lingus manage booking loop for some reason.

Can any nice helpful EI person let me know the score?

thanks

L'aviateur
21st Apr 2010, 21:13
Have you tried checking the booking on www.checkmytrip.com (http://www.checkmytrip.com) , it should show you your actual baggage allowance for each sector. I often fly on seafarer tickets which offer 40kg allowances, and check on this website to see whether I have that allowance or not.

kerrylegal
21st Apr 2010, 21:22
I have just tried both of the airline booking reference numbers in that site but neither will pull up any details, I just get error messages that they cannot retrieve the booking

raffele
21st Apr 2010, 22:21
Depends on two things - one, whether all your flights are booked on one itinerary and two, the individual airlines' interline policies.

If the flights are all on one itinerary, then there is a good chance that a more generous allowance will apply. However, saying that I read today about a passenger who travelled on two Oneworld carriers, the latter of the two had a more stringent baggage policy and was penalised at transfer.

Unless someone comes up with something more definitive, the only way you're likely to get the answer is if you contact the airlines...