PDA

View Full Version : Attn German Pilots...

Knee Trembler
21st Apr 2010, 15:41
...or indeed any non-Germans like me, flying with a German licence.

If you are outside of Germany, you may not have noticed that the validity of the ICAO English test runs out at the end of the year. By that time we are required to have the required entry actually entered in the licence (a side letter will not do).

I'm an LSP (Leitender Sprachprüfer) and although I am only able to qualify people in my own company, I have set up a website at ICAO English Test Website (http://www.icaoenglishtest.de) . There you will find forms, examples and links to the various LBA resources. There is also a link to a list of independent examiners not linked to a particular airline.

Please don't leave it too long as the LBA have over 13000 licences to issue before the end of the year and I think they will be very busy towards the end of 2010.

If you need any independent advice, please let me know. There are plenty of sharks out there eager to make a few Euros out of this!

KT

MainDude
21st Apr 2010, 16:12
Can I go to a Greek CAA approved language test center, and then submit the results to the LBA? It's still EASA/JAA isn't it?

Knee Trembler
21st Apr 2010, 17:40
To the best of my knowledge no. The examiner has to complete Field XIII of the licence and enter his/her LT number (the language examiner number from the LBA).

For a definitive answer contact [email protected].

Viele Grüße,

KT

IRRenewal
21st Apr 2010, 20:53
LSP (Leitender Sprachprüfer)

A WHAT? If English is so important, why is it called a Leitender Sprachprüfer?

mikehotelheavy340
21st Apr 2010, 21:09
Try to google it;))

IRRenewal
21st Apr 2010, 21:22
I don't have to google it, I understand German.

That's not the point however.

learner001
21st Apr 2010, 23:03
In addition to my Dutch JAA ATPL, with a level 4 automatically inserted now, I coincidentally also have the new 'plastic' FAA ATPL with 'unrestricted' English language proficiency.
Will that by now, suffice to get the level 6 written in my Dutch ATPL? Or do you think, I should/could participate in your program for that. I understood that, if necessary, I could do an exam in any country. So, also in Germany... Really no clue...:{

Kind regards, learner... ;)

aileron34
10th May 2010, 21:00
Hi learner,
since I have the same problem I have asked the Austrian CAA about the recognition the endorsement "English proficient" within an FAA licence. I was told that this kind of endorsement would not corresspond with the wording rcommended by ICAO, i.e. it does not clearly show the validity of language level (see also ICAO | FLS | FAQs (http://www.icao.int/icao/en/trivia/peltrgFAQ.htm#29.2) ). Moreover, they told me that "English proficient" was not equal to Level 6 and I was made aware of FAAs Info 08012 (see http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/airline_operators/airline_safety/info/all_infos/media/2008/info08012.pdf ). On page 2 (first paragraph) it says "The FAA’s issuance of an “English Proficient” endorsement on a U.S. airman certificate attests that the airman meets the Level 4 operational standards found in ICAO Annex 1...". Therefore, they were not able to accept the endorsement...I think with the Dutch authority it should be the same. Allegedly, other ICAO member state the validity in there licence...Sorry, that this does not help you, but at least it gives an explanation.:sad:
Take care,
aileron