PDA

View Full Version : Fly Dubai to Kabul

320 star
21st Apr 2010, 12:45
:eek:Is it true that FD will start flying to Kabul? :eek::\:mad:

Wizofoz
21st Apr 2010, 13:04
Yes,

Been announced and widely covered in the press.

Iver
21st Apr 2010, 15:30
That should make for some exciting flying...

Sir Osis of the river
21st Apr 2010, 15:51
Exciting why?

Reinhardt
21st Apr 2010, 16:17
Will be only for pilots with real military background, with Gulf War or Balkans experience, on Hercules, Transall or G-222

How to spiral from 15000 ft, how to make a 10° glide path final....

Iver
21st Apr 2010, 16:17
Sir Osis of the river,

It's called sarcasm - look into it. :eek: It is true that flying into Kabul would certainly raise the blood pressure a bit.

checkerboard6
21st Apr 2010, 17:24
That would be great, far rather fly them than Safi to Dubai.

Spirals from 15 000ft............mmm i think not. Have you actually flown here and seen how busy it is?

That would sure give the guys on Kabul Centre and Kabul Arrival a few pulpatations..........

169west
4th May 2010, 12:24
Don't you know they have the new 737 NG self-protected with LAIRCM!

Spadhampton
4th May 2010, 12:39
I could get the Duty Free concession there? Got to get my foot in the door first if I can.

SURGEBLEEDVALVE
5th May 2010, 08:36
There was never a Spiral in Kabul It was only done for Baghdad. Even Baghdad is Straight in now and no more Spiral. Kabul Airport can be a bit demanding because of the surrounding terrain and sometimes unreliable equipment. The ILS has a glide path of 4.5 degrees.

ATC is not the greatest (I am talking about JAN 2009) maybe it has changed now for the better.

You can land only one way on runway 29 and the departure from the same runway might be critical for the performance calculations considering mountains ahead and High elevation.

Also one thing you have to consider mostly during winter when you got bad weather is your alternates. You will have a choice of Bagram or Kandahar. Not the greatest places to be:}

here is a useful link

Afghanistan Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation (http://www.motca.gov.af/plates.htm)

Golf_Seirra
5th May 2010, 16:57
:) more catering choice......I wonder if they will serve beers.....getting harder to find them in town now....be nice to try something new although nothing was better than a runway inspection at Bamyan on the way back to Dubia in the UN DC-9.......;)

checkerboard6
8th May 2010, 16:48
I see flights start this month, Fantastic! No more Safi Airways to Dubai for us Saffers anymore ;-)

Enjoy the jamming on OAKB Tower and the Russians/Ukranians constantly stepping on you on Kabul Centre...........