PDA

View Full Version : Night Qualification questions

MyIDisthis
21st Apr 2010, 12:27
Hi, I'd just like to get a couple of things confirmed:

1) I can travel to another JAR country and get the NQ there without any problems?
2) Since I'm about to start CPL/IR-ME soon, it doesn't have to be put into my PPL right away, it's enough to have the hours in my logbook until applying for the CPL?

Thanks I appreciate any answer.

chocksawayyy
23rd Apr 2010, 17:49
Just a little bit from lasors:
Training for the Night Qualification must be in accordance
with JAR-FCL 1. Training may be undertaken in a non-
JAA state provided that the organisation is fully approved
in accordance with JAR-FCL 1 by the UK Civil Aviation
Authority.

So the answer to your first question - Yes
and the second - you might as well sent your forms in when you send off for your CPL because they will do it all at once and it will save you 84 quid. Just make sure your instructor has signed it to say night qual completed in your logbook if you would like to fly at night PIC.

Hope that helps

MyIDisthis
23rd Apr 2010, 18:43
That helps a alot. Thank you very much.

BillieBob
23rd Apr 2010, 22:49
I can travel to another JAR country and get the NQ there without any problems?That depends entirely on your state of licence issue; if they agree to enter into your licence a night qualification completed in a different country, you have no problem.

....it doesn't have to be put into my PPL right away,....This depends upon the way that your state of licence issue interprets JAR-FCL. Paragraph 11(b) of Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 1.160 & 1.165(a)(4) says that "Applicants without a night flying qualification aeroplane shall be given additionally at least 5 hours night flight instruction". It is possible, therefore, that, if you do not have the night qualification entered into your licence, you could be required to undertake an extra 5 hours of instruction on the modular CPL(A) course. To be safe, it would be better to get the night qualification added to your licence before starting the CPL course, or to check the requirements with your state of licence issue.

Nashers
24th Apr 2010, 02:02
CAA may not even care about the paperwork for the night qualification. i forgot to take it with me when sending off my CPL/ME/IR, and they said as long as its in the log book i was ok.