PDA

View Full Version : JAA Clarifications

nivy
20th Apr 2010, 07:37
Hi Guys!

Small query.. As part of JAA PPL we need to clear 7 Exams...Going further in the training before stating off CPL, there are 14 ATPL Ground School subjects.

Does this make it 21 in all or on 7 as 1st 7 were completed with PPL?

Thanks!

Nivy

jonnyhock
20th Apr 2010, 07:58
No, there are 21 all in. 7 for your ppl and if you want to progress you need to do another 14 for atpl.

nivy
20th Apr 2010, 08:11
oh! but are the subjects not the same as in the 7 for PPL common with 14 of ATPL?

Also are these online computer based tests which can be taken anytime from any authorised centers ?

welliewanger
20th Apr 2010, 08:29
As they say in this part of the world "Same same - but different!" It's the same subjects (broadly speaking) but for the ATPL you go into MUCH more detail. So you've got to do 7 PPL exams and 14 ATPLs, 21 in total.

The PPL exams can be done at your local flight school / club. They're administered by the instructors there.

ATPL exams are done at test centres. There's not many of them (test centres) and they're only run once a month.

Just to muddy the waters further. There are CPL exams as well! If my memory serves me correctly; if you do the ATPL exams, you don't need to do the CPL ones. I suggest you research the difference between an ATPL and a basic CPL.

Jidi
28th Apr 2010, 11:11
Nivy, since you're not based in UK and you might want to do the training in other JAA country, in some of those there are slight differences. For example, in Romania, also a JAA member, I had to sit 9 exams at the CAA test center. I first passed the exams within the groundschool and only after that I was able to sit them at CAA. Also, there's a 10th exam for radio-telephony. As far as I know it's the same in other JAA countries. If you can be more specific where you want to do the training I might offer you local information.

Blinkz
28th Apr 2010, 18:19
If you do an integrated course you don't need to do the 7 PPL, so only need to do 14 exams total.

Clintonb
28th Apr 2010, 21:51
what if you just want to do your ppl and cpl how many exams are there for cpl???

MagicTiger
29th Apr 2010, 09:44
9 exams for CPL + of course the PPL exams first. You might as well do all 14, as the CPL itself does not have to much value.