PDA

View Full Version : General Navigation - Help!

Airforcejunior
19th Apr 2010, 15:41
Hi Guys,

I'm just a little bit stuck on the ATPL Gnav Syllabus, i've passed 13 out of my 14 ATPL exams but this exam seems to be in a different league to the rest, does anyone have any tips for any of the equations or any help they would like to offer for this subject? I feel basic Navigations is quite straight forward but when it hits Lambert Conical charts and Mercators i am a little lost for words. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
AFJ

downwind24
20th Apr 2010, 11:35
I have a sheet that i made of all the Gen nav important formulas , PM me your email and il happily forward it on. I sent another student the same last week , dont worry , i was scared of Gen Nav and attained 87% ! and most of the March exam contained nothing on what i had really studied for , it cant be expressed enough that you need to master the Crp-5 as this represents the majority of the marks

downwind24
20th Apr 2010, 13:52
Iv sent the sheet to 2 other guys who asked , it is basically a word document that i pinned up and memorised the formula's - its only a page of not many lines but its useful and answers any questions on chart GC etc also handy Rad Nav formula on another sheet.

My turn now , anyone have any handy notes on Met and Instruments ? exam in 6 weeks :eek:

General Mutley
23rd Apr 2010, 16:50
Oxford Gen Nave book has lots of fully worked through examples - very helpful - £59.95 from transair.

Met CD from Oxford Aviation really cleared up met for me.

Hope that helps :)