PDA

View Full Version : LHR Professional Flight Training Exhibition ON

Guest Speaker
19th Apr 2010, 09:56
FLYER Professional Flight Training Exhibition - Saturday April 20, Sofitel T5 LHR - this Saturday. Doors open 1000 - 1700

We look forward to seeing you there.

Full details www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions (http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions)

welliewanger
19th Apr 2010, 15:11
^^^BUMP^^^

Went to this a few years ago. Very useful.

inferno83
28th Apr 2010, 00:00
I attended this event. You get to talk to a lot of schools, which is great if you're thinking about who you want to give your money to. The talks were entertaining and informative as well, though I did not stay for all of them. I have to say however that this isn't the best event for someone who is considering the modular route and hasn't even obtained a PPL yet.

Gate2
17th Apr 2013, 08:58
20th April at Heathrow. Flyer Professional Flight Training Exhibition.

Anyone going? Apart from the obvious questions re price and Mod v Integrated, what questions will you be asking?

Sensible Flyer
17th Apr 2013, 11:30
I went a couple of years ago. It was quite useful in that it helped me decide not to throw away my career to date and spend money I don't have getting a fATPL on the off chance that I might get a job that pays half my current salary if I'm lucky.
The people from the various schools are quite slick, but get a bit evasive when you ask questions like "How many of the people who completed their courses last year found a [flying] job?".
BALPA were there handing out booklets telling you why you should NOT start your training. And GAPAN seemed to be the most pragmatic organisation there.
The chaps from FlyBE were also reasonably sensible when I spoke to them.

Some of the schools were offering things like "£10k off if you sign up today". Dangerous.

I'm in my early 30's and felt like an old man as it was mainly full of fresh faced teenagers lapping it up.
BA were meant to be there but weren't, which was disappointing as I was interested in their Future Pilot scheme (if I was going to go for it, this would be my route due to the higher chance of a job at the end of it, and that job being reasonably paid such that you can have a decent lifestyle and pay off all your training debt without living on baked beans for years).

steve.wythe
17th Apr 2013, 12:31
I'll be there - I went this time last year, too. I remember getting PTC's sales pitch for the Flybe sponsorship, just after Cabair had closed.

The apprenticeship scheme sounds promising, though.