PDA

View Full Version : DAME/DAO Questions

Jackliveshere
19th Apr 2010, 02:37
Hi All,

Time for a career change into something that I've always had an interest in and I think it's time to pursue :ok:

I've got my ARN underway and also have the DAME/DAO booked in, but the days seem so long waiting for it! I want to get that Class 1 medical done first so I know I'm right to pursue my training full time.

Quick question; can the DAME give you an indication on the spot that everything is sweet and it's just a formality from there? I'd kill me to have to wait till CASA processes the application and says I'm good to go! Any enlightenment in that area would be much appreciated :ok:

Bad medicine
19th Apr 2010, 03:25
Nope. DAMEs are no longer permitted to issue an interim initial medical certificate. This has been the case for a number of years now.

They should however be able to give you an indication of whether you meet the required standard :ok:.

Cheers,

BM

Jackliveshere
19th Apr 2010, 05:12
Thanks for the replies guys. No I didn't think they would issue an interim certificate, but was hoping they can at least give you a verbal that everything is fine and tip top.

Just came back from my DAO test (got that booked before DAME) - all went well! Very exciting to take a positive step towards my licence, however small it may be!

Cheers,

JLH

dlx_xlb
12th Jul 2011, 14:58
I don't think DAME's can issue you your initial issue medical on the spot.
They can however revalidate a medical so you can continue flying as you wait for your new one.

They can certainly give you an indication of whether or not your likely to hold a CASA class 1.

I remember my first medical and told him about whats wrong with me medically, He told me he doesn't see it being a problem.

All initial class 1's need to go through casa, if you have any medical conditions which may be a concern a Medical report from the treating doctor is normally required

If you have any concerns about a medical condition you may have.. Look it up in the DAME's Handbook .

Tambo1
10th Jul 2012, 06:14
Hi all, I got an eye infection a few months back which has caused some long term issues with my vision.I've seen the list on the CASA website,but am just wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations for a DAO in Perth.I'm not so concerned about the cost,provided that i'm getting an expert opinion.Thanks in advance!