PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Race - Media coverage not!

triadic
18th Apr 2010, 22:12
Not able to get to PER for the event, I watched all the main media during the w/e and did not see a thing on the event.

A phone call from the event advised that Matt Hall had come 2nd :ok: and I expected to see some coverage last night, however a night of channel surfing including Sky News came up with nothing again. Late last night, Sky had a short bit running across the bottom of the screen but that was it.
More channel surfing this morning and neither 7 or 9 have had any coverage that I have seen.:confused:

Makes one think perhaps there are "other" reasons why not?? I bet however if someone had gone for another swim it would have been "news".:mad:

Why is it that good stuff in Aviation is not seen as newsworthy????:ugh::ugh:

Update: Short grab with Matt on Sunrise (7) just before 8.30, but still not in the news or sport section.....

Seabreeze
18th Apr 2010, 23:14
There was a 2 to 3 hour telecast in Sydney Sunday arvo - I forget the channel.

Commentators did a good job of building suspense. There was some good footage from the cockpit of the pilots working hard (high adrenaline), as well as tail and ground photography, and intelligent comments, it was an excellent coverage.

All to be commended; pity you missed it.

av8trflying
18th Apr 2010, 23:36
It was broadcast live on one HD. I think that it channel tens sport channel. I was there though in the grand stand and it was awsome. You can't beat being there live. Bloody hot but

freshy1234
19th Apr 2010, 05:55
Yeah it was broadcast on one HD and one. They screwed up the broadcast during matt halls run and lost about 20 minutes of footage. :ugh::{

AerocatS2A
19th Apr 2010, 06:22
There was an interview with Matt Hall on one of this morning's "news" shows.

ForkTailedDrKiller
19th Apr 2010, 06:58
Why is it that good stuff in Aviation is not seen as newsworthy????:ugh:

Cause its boring as bat****! :E

Right up there with Australian Fishing Championship - when they are not chasing Barramundi!

Dr :8

ozineurope
19th Apr 2010, 07:01
Did the RAAF do the F18 flypast again? That was awesome in 08.

dreamjob
19th Apr 2010, 08:00
Nup, was quite dissapointed with the pre/post race entertainment tbh.

kellykelpie
19th Apr 2010, 11:02
Cause its boring as bat****!

Maybe they need to use hornets.:}

brns2
19th Apr 2010, 16:51
It was dissapointed that the F18 didn't put on a display like it did in 08. It was replaced by the H20 water team doing a display on jet skis? :ugh: