PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Information

Phoney Tony
18th Apr 2010, 18:09
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get the information used to conduct individuals pre-boarding score along with the presenting officers comments to the board.

Whilst I have been content with the PB selection process I have seen some strange results over the years, which go along way to confirm my long held thought that there was another parrallel process to which we are not privy.

Thank you.

Old-Duffer
18th Apr 2010, 19:38
As with so much else associated with the - laughingly called - "Freedom of Information Act", the answer is 'press to test'.

Make your request, if you don't get the answer - challange the outcome, if that does not work - cry 'foul' and demand an adjudication.

O-D

The Old Fat One
18th Apr 2010, 21:19
Or you could just speak the one of the hundreds of officers/warrant officers/SNCOs that have been along and witnessed the process over many years.....

tucumseh
18th Apr 2010, 21:47
I believe the one great problem with the FoIA is that, even if the information is supplied, it does not have to be accurate.

You will receive a letter saying you can complain if what you receive contains;

1. Errors of Fact
2. Subjective Comments
3. Opinion or comment based on factually incorrect information

However, the Information Commisioner will not support you if the holder of the information refuses to correct it, even if you can produce irrefutable evidence it is incorrect. They regard their job done when the information is provided. It is up to you to take proceedings, which few can afford against a Department of State.

A word of warning. If you enter into private correspondence with the ICO, be aware they will routinely pass copies of your correspondence to MoD.

Bob Viking
19th Apr 2010, 09:32
Can anyone remember the figures for how much money is shelled out each year by the MOD to satisfy FoI requests?!
I seem to recall it was a ridiculously huge sum which, in my personal opinion, could be better spent elsewhere!
Just throwing that out there, since I'm sat in the office with no prospect of flying in the immediate future!
BV:ooh:

airborne_artist
19th Apr 2010, 09:39
http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Bladdered
19th Apr 2010, 11:25
You would probably not get this information because it would require disclosure of information that falls under the Data Protection Act.