PDA

View Full Version : No flight crew swaps

palm
18th Apr 2010, 09:24
:ok:I was actually waiting for a bad news as nothing came for the last few days,

I guess the next one will be, " Oh sorry guys but we have to cancel holidays and put you on minimum days OFF for May and June cause of the situation in Europe".:ugh:

motley flight crue
18th Apr 2010, 09:29
I can't blame them for the swap thing. I'm sure scheduling are all over
the place at the moment, don't have time for swaps. I hope your wrong about cancelling leave etc. I realise we, and all airlines have a backlog of flights, but the airports can't handle extra traffic anyway. So I doubt their will be many extra flights to crew when the ash dissipates.

palm
18th Apr 2010, 10:19
Why would they be all over with at least 15 flights cancel every day....I'm sure some crew are stuck in Europe but the most of them are blocked in the ME ( plenty of guys available). So it shouldn't be a problem to accommodate some swaps :}
But it is of course easier to shoot at us and our quality of life.

Fugazi
18th Apr 2010, 10:47
Cabin crew swaps still available, of course!!!! Oh, of course, they have had an automated system for years! We are soooo so far down the foodchain :rolleyes:

gehenna
18th Apr 2010, 12:48
But of the course there was the email asking for our co-operation! All one-sided, again.

Fart Master
18th Apr 2010, 12:50
Palm post the whole message........... at least show the whole picture.

"Due to the disruption to Emirates services caused by the ongoing volcanic activity and ash we regret to advise you that no mutual roster swaps will be actioned until services are back to normal. This will be constantly reviewed and once normal operations resumed, swaps will be reinstated."

emratty
18th Apr 2010, 13:29
No swaps will be the least of our worries if this volcano carries on or if its big brother erupts.

fatbus
18th Apr 2010, 13:30
You guys need to get a life

PorkKnuckle
18th Apr 2010, 17:25
Lucky they just made two billion or three billion or whatever. Where's that world's smallest violin...???

BigGeordie
19th Apr 2010, 07:32
Fatbus, the swap system was one of the few ways to try and get a life. The rostering system certainly won't give you one. Lets see how quickly they reinstate it once things calm down.

I still don't understand how they can automate swaps for 11,000 cabin crew but not for 2,000 pilots.....:confused:

palm
19th Apr 2010, 09:34
FATBUS, why are you wasting your time to answer then....get a life as well. Peoples are here to speak honestly and free they mind...

5star
19th Apr 2010, 09:35
The real question is what they will do with our rosters if this VA cloud is here to stay. We all know the guy in the dishdash can't stand it if we get a few extra days off. Maybe throw a few extra courses on Pelesys? Organize an exam on the OM-A?
oh yeah : maybe some forced leave... pitty for you if you come from the UK or Europe......

palm
19th Apr 2010, 09:44
FART MASTER you want some fact, just eat this then...

35 crews stuck abroad and only one aircraft on the tarmac outside of Dubai, so they should be plenty of cockpit and cabin crew avlb for any flights when thinks are getting better. I don't see any difficulties to accommodate a few swaps to make our LIFE BETTER....

Why pilots have to pay for this situation?

P.S. wait to see the May roster, brace brace brace:ugh: