PDA

View Full Version : GCAA Validation Procedure(s)

IndAir967
18th Apr 2010, 05:43
Hi,
I would like to know the procedures involved in ICAO/FAA License Validation in the UAE ? (Yes I have an job offer)

1. Do I need to personally come to UAE and submit all the documents
or are the scanned copies enough ?

2. Do I need to hold the resident visa at the time of submission for validation?

3. Do I need to finish my GCAA Class I medical before the validation is issued or after ? ( I have my ICAO/FAA which are current)

4. Do I need to clear the UAE AIR LAW Before Validation or After ?

5. Is the entire validation procedure straight forward or complex ?

You Input Is Highly Appreciated And Thanked For ..

IAC967:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
18th Apr 2010, 06:07
You do not need to come, but your documents do...They wish to see originals.

You do need to hold a residence visa for the validation, I believe this is a new requirement.

The GCAA medical is not required, for the validation, as you are validating your existing base licence and medical. It is needed for the full licence, dependant on your age and original medical FAA / JAA can be rather traumatic.

The validation is for 30 days, to enable you to obtain the full licence, medical, air law, (which is in my opinion just a validation anyway.!!!!).

This gives you time to pass the air law. (not required for a validation). Do this as early as possible, as I also know guys who left it until the last moment, failed and then could not ghet a resit in time.

Basically easy, as the company, your sponsor, must conduct all of these processes....

It might be easy, but that does not say it is quick. I know one guy, still waiting for his visa, so he can obtain his validation, so he can fly.

Also the validation certificate states that you must have completed all the company SEP procedures, prior to issue. Many companies ignored this detail.

There is a fast track, which is used all the time, and is now not really fast at all, the base system is just slower....

Your company should have the idiots guide to the air law so do not panic. (just have a shower before the sitting).......

Have fun here, and please update this forum with the latest GCAA format.

The GCAA web site, under Downloads I think, has trhe relevent application for for issue. Thee form covers almost all positions that require a licence, so not easy to understand. 1 form, 20 licences.

glf

IndAir967
18th Apr 2010, 10:07
Fantastic post gulfstreamaviator

Now I was told that Validation was valid for 90 days.

I must cross check on Resident Visa issue because I need to give 2 months notice here in my present company.

Also as I am currently flying in India how can i submit my original logbook to them as I have not officially put up my papers here.. :uhoh:

Will they accept current GCAA/ICAO Class I medical in lieu of FAA Class I Medical for validation ?

Will keep pprune posted on the new procedures !

IAC967:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
18th Apr 2010, 12:19
Yes it is 90 days, it is the "tourist" visa that is now 30 days...

The validation is to permit time for the medical, and air law to be passed.

Your sponsor, assuming they are not totally brain dead, should be ablew to start your residence visa processing, they will need a copy of your passport, plus a quantity of passport size pictures.
Then if they are very efficient you can collect your visa after your notice period.

The GCAA do require sight of original logbooks etc, but this can be done when you arrive, you will only save a few days at the best.

You might wish to discuss with your UAE Sponsor, a few days off duty vacation trip, to visit DXB, and deliver your original docs to GCAA.

I assume you have a current class 1 mewdical, whatever this is I assume ICAO, in tandem with your base licence, this ios what they want to see.....for your validation.

Also get organised from your Local CAA a "verification letter", or if FAA a print from the pilot records.

Remember to get level 4 to 6 English documentation too.

keep pushing......glf