PDA

View Full Version : Glasses do not mean auto rejection?

RickPhucked
11th Oct 2001, 18:40
What do the airlines mean when they say 'The need to wear glasses does NOT mean automatic rejection' , because if you can pass the JAA Class 1 medical then I presume that your eyesight is good enough. I've not been for an interview or anything similar, but has anyone actually had difficulties on this matter!

(I put this in the wrong forum earlier)

Jamesel
11th Oct 2001, 20:22
Each airlines will put up a company specific requirement, some will take the JAA standard, others will have a less flexible stand on your non-corrected vision. They used to say this could indicate problems arising in your 40s or 50s as your eyes change with age. The really big operators (Flag carriers especially) typically have the highest standards (because they could winnow through literally thousands of applicants) with the smaller operators being less picky. Talk or write to all the companies you would like to fly for (and a few more that you think would be able to stand) and find out what they want - bearing in mind that this will often change as the number of available and qualified applicants goes up or down. Good Luck :cool: :)