PDA

View Full Version : Examiners examining students they instruct under EASA

BigGrecian
14th Apr 2010, 20:07
Examiners examining students they instruct under EASA
I know it's too late (unfortuantely) for comments on the EASA proposals but does anyone think the proposal under FCL1.005 at
http://www.easa.eu.int/ws_prod/r/doc...Appendices.pdf
is too much instruction.

If you look through the comments you will see that those who commented where from Balloon and microlight backgrounds where it may not be possible to achieve examiner impartiality due small numbers.

However in aeroplane (and helicopter - but don't have much knowledge on this are) I think that there is no reason why the examiner should have conducted any of the training. There are plenty of examiners around, and also plenty of experienced instructors to pass on their experience.

Maybe I'm trying to keep it to impartial?

Thoughts....?

Whopity
14th Apr 2010, 21:29
Welcome to EASA. Rules put together by people who haven't got a clue what they are about and comments made by small minority groups having a disproportionate effect.

One of the most ludicrous requirements is that a LAFI only requires 50 hours experience to send students solo whereas a better qualified FI needs 100 hours; how did this nonsense come about?

No wonder the French just ignore it all!

BillieBob
15th Apr 2010, 09:51
This means, for example, on an integrated ATP(A) course, the same person can conduct up to 47.5 hours of the flight training (there is only 40 hrs dual flight training required in the aircraft) and all of the SPIC (20 hours which is not dual flight instruction) as well as both the CPL Skill Test and the IR Skill Test. Well, that should increase the first time pass rate!

Since this is a change from the original NPA, it is subject to further comment so I suggest, if you don't like it, you get on the EASA CRT and say so. Comments must be made by 9 June 2010.