PDA

View Full Version : Prestige-jet the truth

flyme340
13th Apr 2010, 04:47
Got called twice by them , been gathering info on this outfit, seems really shady from what I read, any other info on the current situation there.
All I heard and read was totally negative, looks like a terrible place to work for.
They offered a ****ty contract 6 months on 1 off, thats terrible for middle-east.
Any info welcomed. :ugh:

Gulfstreamaviator
13th Apr 2010, 05:05
I regret to say that there is no real fantastic contract in UAE.

In general no contract has any enforcable benefits towards the staff.

If you need the job, take it.....you will have an interesting experience, perhaps meet some nice guys too !!!! , and best of all pay your mortgage.

Have fun, and welcome, assuming you come over.

glf

onhmss
13th Apr 2010, 07:28
Who is running this operations these days ? I heard there was a re-shuffle and a lot of dead wood was cleaned out. Any info, pm if you wish, would be appreciated. TKS.

Baldeagle2u
13th Apr 2010, 16:59
AVOID,AVOID,AVOID.
This is a horrible place to work for.
Talking about paying mortgage and bills,these people owe money for most of the hotels around the world and in particular in Abu Dhabi.
You can easily check that by phoning any hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Salaries are paid, if you are lucky, every 2 months.
Meal allowances, you have to wait for at least 6 months.
Mentionning Dead Wood, the dead wood that have to be replaced is the top management who are the cause of all these misfortunes.
The accountable manager is a real con "par excellence".

hptcc
13th Apr 2010, 18:19
Yes there has been a re-shuffle. A lot of the deadwood has gone. There's a new Accountable Manager and a new CEO! Things are looking up!

NZ X man
13th Apr 2010, 20:22
I would avoid these guys like the plague, most of the negative stuff is correct, most of the good crew have left. I did a short contract for them last year, one year ago, and it was crap. Owed money to everyone then, and I imagine not much has changed. They will not honor any contact.

pinkus
14th Apr 2010, 00:49
I don't know your personal situation., BUT...

Unless you need money so badly that people are about to start chopping your toes off or follow your kids home from school STAY AWAY.

If you MUST work for them offer to do a one or two month contract and make darn sure you get paid up front.

And don't think that you will do the job until something better comes along because the evil Jordanian scum will do their best to stop you working any where else in the UAE.

flyme340
22nd Apr 2010, 09:03
Guys , thanks a lot for your help and comments, I made my mind, no way I will go to this crappy company, just got the lowdown from few guys

Look at Al-Jaber they are looking for legacy guys , much better contract and pay.
Things are looking up guys , business is picking up again and more jobs are opening. :ok:

BeCareful
27th Apr 2010, 07:09
I had to laugh when I saw what they were offering.... 6 months on/1 month off... 7-8000 USD per month salary for Legacy captains... 100000 dirhams annual housing allowance... and having to pay for my own recurrent before showing up... all that for the privilege of working for a company that doesn't pay on time, owes money all over the place and has a bad reputation everywhere...

Pass....

If they offered 6 weeks on 4 weeks off or another kind of rotation roster... maybe I'd take a chance... but with their reputation and this offer... not interested.

Dep676
27th Apr 2010, 14:57
If the deadwood is gone, they just replaced them with more deadwood.

Guys are still having to fight (cancel flights) to get paid. They have no credit anywhere in the region. Everything is on a cash basis.

Run far away.

EX TERMINATOR
8th May 2010, 13:49
Dear Flyme340 and the rest of the decent people out there,
For over a year after my experience with this "entity", I have been trying to convey the truth about it for the sake of the good people both outside (with attempts by PJ management to cun them into joining) and inside (still stranded). My request is for you to visit the "Prestige Jet Exudus Begins" thread where I posted the real story of this cesspit's management with their corrupt practices that have been posing real threats to the welfare and future of the employees. In my pursuit, I came accross management slaves and mercenaries such as hptcc who as I have noticed, is still trying to polish and cover up the rotten image of this "entity".
It was also a good thing that others have provided their input towards making the truth known to you. I wish you good luck, and be very careful when dealing with, or working for Middle Eastern employers in general.

NZ X man
10th May 2010, 09:07
Sent a mate an email about the rain in RIyadh with some pictures, now he has been in the ME for 8 years, Saudi, Bahrain, and currently in Jeddah,
" .ExternalClass DIV{;}

MAtie

The whole City was flooded- hurricane strength winds - Airport closed- the first pic was near Baltan's office on the main road Highway going to the Airport- thats SABIC building on the right-

Updates" Prestige down to 2 aircraft operating- the rest are either under repossession orders or grounded for non payment--so from 15 >>>> down to 2. Anthony is looking for a job -
Bxair down to 1 aircraft - technically bankrupt-
Arab Wings still have aircraft flying - but for some reason crew leave - jumped ship in Cairo-
ELITE - bankrupt - owe everyone money and will be losing all aircraft management - by the end of this month.

There are 100 pilots looking for work here-

I am still looking after the Power business for a Saudi Group- consulting to the American Manager for aviation- - I am happy to stay at arm/s length now in Aviation- it is carnage here. Those who can afford aircraft are low balling salary - 605 - 8k / month 3 on - one off - is the best offer in town at present.

For your own reference.

Cheers:}

ChiefT
10th May 2010, 13:38
"ELITE - bankrupt - owe everyone money and will be losing all aircraft management - by the end of this month."

Is that ELITE from AUH?

4granted
11th May 2010, 07:08
If I had a $ for every rumour of every GCC Charter company going bankrupt!!

Elite Jets are fine. Yes market is tough at the moment. Cash flow is a problem for 90% of the operators here.
Hawker leaving fleet due to owners request for outlandish non market related lease rates. Being replaced early June by a nice 10 seat Jet of EU manufacture.

Have a good day.

4G (EJD):ok:

flying dagger
28th May 2010, 07:31
who is the owner of the ac ?

SuperJet
5th Jun 2010, 08:54
Good morning all,

I have been made redundant from a senior Ops role in the UK, and have been looking to get myself back out to the Middle East since Feb now. Couple of things in the pipeline, but all are taking too long, and the more I dig up, the more internal politics I uncover, which make landing a successful role out there look ever more unlikely.

One of those companies and one of those roles is with Prestige Jet.

I applied in force (!) back in February/ early March, and have had nothing back at all except for an initial "Thanks for you application".

I have chased them politely about every 3 weeks since, but have heard nothing.

The jobs are still advertised.

Does anyone know what is going on? This is an application for a non-flying role, of course. What with Prestige Jet publically crowing about bringing online one of the first Embraer BBJ rivals, I would have thought they would be recruiting more assertively?

Is it worth me persuing this role? Or is it really a den of corruption and mis-management? (As I just came out of such a company!)

Many thanks for all input, and best of luck to all!

:)

SJ

EX TERMINATOR
5th Jun 2010, 17:15
a den of corruption and mis-management
No matter how much is said about the employment in the Gulf Emirates, the personal experience would be the best source where the truth can be sought. But to have this experience, depends on how much risk you'd be willing to take, and how much damage you'd be able to sustain!
The next best is to learn from others' experiences, preferably those who you know and trust. In your case, having just come out of a sour experience, you do not want to leap into another cesspit. As the Arabs would say: "Two bangs on the head really hurt". This "company" is where you do not want to be in the Gulf. Whereas corruption and slavery are the themes there, Prestige Jet is where corruption is abundant. They are even in a situation where they can export corruption to the whole of the ME.
I do encourage you to read the posts on "Prestige Jet Exudus Begins" thread where many posters have contributed towards making the truth known about this "entity".
Best of luck,
Ex

BeCareful
7th Jun 2010, 19:35
SJ, may I ask you a question as a manager?

If you had all the responsibility to do the job, but you had absolutely no authority to do anything whatsoever and no support, and if you fully knew that you would be blamed for any shortfall that happens despite that you have no authority to carry your responsibility... would you still take the job?

If the answer is yes, then perhaps you will do fine at Prestige Jet.

Good luck to you, sir.