PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity after Engineering

ath3r
11th Apr 2010, 23:47
Hello everyone,
Myself Ather an engineering student in Instrumentation engineering as a major from India. I am much interested in CPL course since beginning of my engineering. Presently I am in third year of my graduation and still one more year is left out. Meanwhile I have thought of learning some foreign languages (French & Arabic) Therefore, will this learning be useful?
Also, could you be please humble enough to let me know which flying schools are much more preferable for CPL training in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which can fetch me out good jobs?
Waiting for positive and motivating reply. Thank you.

welliewanger
12th Apr 2010, 03:24
Languages:
English is the language of aviation. To fly anything larger than a light twin within your own country you really have to be able to speak good English. It sounds like yours is up to par so that's not an issue.
Other languages are only useful if you want to get a job with a company based in a country which uses that language.

Also, could you be please humble enough to let me know which flying schools are much more preferable for CPL training in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which can fetch me out good jobs?

:D:D:D:D

Sorry, but this is risible. Many schools will do their best to imply that you are more likely to get a job after training with them. The validity of these claims is dubious at best. If anyone can make this claim, it's the JAA integrated schools (and now I'm going to get flamed for that statement) The only way you can really improve your chances is to get selected by an airline before training and going on one of their approved courses. Flybe have done quite a few of these, I think Easyjet and Thomsonfly have done them too.

bala_murali
25th Jul 2010, 17:17
hi there Wellie
Just saw your post and was wondering
The only way you can really improve your chances is to get selected by an airline before training and going on one of their approved courses. Flybe have done quite a few of these, I think Easyjet and Thomsonfly have done them too.

Could you tell please let me know how getting selected for an airline before training works and how to approach it. i am very interested to know
?:hmm:

Edited

Use the lower case otherwise it is shouting!

HWB

welliewanger
26th Jul 2010, 02:14
Hi Bula,
Schemes such as these get advertised in industry magazines etc. for instance flight international. They are also put on the recruitment sections of the company web sites. Unfortunately there is a glut of wannabes so competition is fierce to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if the advert was only there for a week and they got thousands of applicants. The selection process is something like...

Thorough online application form.
Telephone interview (masked as arranging a time for an interview)
A barrage of tests including psychometric, IQ and personality.

If you get accepted, it's generally only a gentleman's agreement anyway. Basically, they tell you to go on "this course" on "this date" and if you "do well enough" (not exceptionally well, but certainly not just scrape through) then the next person they recruit will be you.

It's not a sponsored scheme, it's a mentored or approved scheme. You're the one taking the risk. You pay the money. You've just got a higher probability of getting a job soon afterwards. After all, the airline has said that they'll recruit you when they have a job available.

Places to look:
Flight international
CAE web site
Oxford aviation website
Flybe
Thomsonfly

Things may have changed by now. That was the story 5 years ago when I trained.

bala_murali
26th Jul 2010, 09:01
Thanks for the info Wellie.. Will check them out ..:)