PDA

View Full Version : Mac / iPhone electronic logbook - Logten

Private Patjarr
10th Apr 2010, 21:15
Hi there all.

Does anybody use the logten mobile app and the logten pro desktop program together?*

I was recently given some discount codes from a mate in the airlines to buy the desktop program. PM me if you want them.

Seems a little expensive. Does anybody have any thoughts on it? Is it easy to use?

Cheers

thrustpig
11th Apr 2010, 01:52
Its ok. The iphone app is a tad teadious, with the touch screens not overly generous button sizes. But once its set up, its no slower to input your info. The iphone only stores recent flights (cant remember for how long), so for detailled searches you will have to check on your mac. It is expensive. Is it worth the money? I guess it depends on how much your time is worth?

Ascend Charlie
11th Apr 2010, 01:53
I have Logten Pro on my desktop. Used it for about a year but it was a bit clunky - also loading previous experience was a pain.

Went back to paper logbooks 3 years ago.:(

compressor stall
11th Apr 2010, 04:13
Yup, I use the desktop and mobile app (iPhone) together. You can have it sync the up to the last 200 flights onto your mobile.

Quite a neat system to load up the details after the flight and for double checking the maths in the decklog :). Quite customisable as well which helps.

My only real beef is that my old flight logbook says eg YPKG-YPTJ :E -YPKG 4.2hrs. I have input this as a one line item (as I transferred it from excel) with ypkg-yptj-ypkg in the route but as it's not a start or finish it says that I have not been to yptj when you look at the breakdown by destinations.

Could have a few more destination codes and lat/lons too for the GA guys - it's not that hard to get the worldwide database. Mind you it doesn't bother me too much now as we just make up our own codes where I fly these days... :}

PS they upgrade codes? I'm using 4.