PDA

View Full Version : How to repossess an R44

mickjoebill
9th Apr 2010, 04:02
"I should have been a helicopter pilot"
"Basically we are stealing a helicopter"
"It was Steve's job to get in the helicopter and fly it away".
"Give me the log books"
"Relax or I will break your neck"

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx878fIei0Y&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tx878fIei0Y&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mickjoebill

The Guardian
9th Apr 2010, 04:49
Is this for real or a spoof? Isn't TwinAir still operating? Also this ship was crashed the other day in Temecula with no injuries.

EDITED: It is a spoof show in the style of Reno 911

ZK-Pilot
9th Apr 2010, 05:59
That's one scary looking woman Brrrrrrrrr! :eek:

WylieCoyote
9th Apr 2010, 08:36
She looks alot like Grotbags!:}

Aubrey.
9th Apr 2010, 08:39
She makes my soul cry :}

widgeon
9th Apr 2010, 08:42
"Fact #3 - Operation Repo Has a Disclaimer at the Beginning

There is now a disclaimer at the beginning of the show that says it is "based on real events." How accurately the show depicts real events is subjective. Reality sells, whether or not the reenactment is accurate or a complete exaggeration of the truth.

That said, Operation Repo is still an entertaining TV show. Take it with a grain of salt!"

I guess they would have a problem with an r22 keeping in the weight limits :)

Is it normal for the pilot to leave the helicopter running while he goes to the office

Plain Torque
9th Apr 2010, 10:14
He was also in the left seat but Steve jumped in the right seat! Are there some variants that allow solo from the left seat because it states in the manual that I read that solo is only permitted from right seat?

I think this type of repossession would be illegal in any State in the US, nobody would attempt to repossess something like that for fear of being sued!

Yes a good few minutes of entertainment but I think a large pinch of salt is more appropriate!!!

PT

dieseldo
9th Apr 2010, 12:11
Something a little similar happened in the UK up north about 1994.
Pilot took an R22 on what he believed was a genuine charter and was met by the aircraft owner and a couple of heavies. They suggested he might like to enjoy the fresh air on a long walk home. After looking at the hired help he decided that this was a fair suggestion and departed minus the '22.

Nubian
9th Apr 2010, 13:48
As real as WWF,

Too much steroids and to many happy-meals.....

rick1128
9th Apr 2010, 15:31
I have reppo'ed several aircraft here in the states and the way these guys did it was totally illegal. Not only would they have been sued, they would have been arrested. What for? Assault, assault and battery, conspiracy and grand theft for starters. You don't call in a repo especially after the fact. You don't assault anyone. You are allowed to protect yourself, within the full extent of the law. You don't read them the repo order, you are required to give them a copy. If at night or in a situation where the owner or rep is not available, I would leave the repo order with the FBO or taped inside the hanger door. You are required to let them read it and make any phone calls they want to. Normally, I had a police officer with me when I did the repo. Especially after 9/11. It prevents many problems. One the guy usually wouldn't offer any resistance and if he did I would let the officer handle it. That saved me a lot of problems, physically and legally. Plus is also prevented me from being met at the other end by law enforcement.

It is kind of a shame that this kind of 'reality' tv is shown. It makes people who are professionals and do a good legal job of repo'ing vehicles and do try to treat everyone with dignity and respect look like common street bullies.

s1lverback
9th Apr 2010, 16:38
Isn't WWF real then? :eek:

Anything passes for 'entertainment' these days...

tony 1969
9th Apr 2010, 17:56
Sod the guy the woman is the scary bit,:eek:
I wouldnt know whether to f@ck it or fight it
.....and I dont fancy my chances of surviving either option.
:}

niknak
9th Apr 2010, 21:52
Its a set up for the TV programme it appeared on.

The same clip also appears on Jet Blast in a very interesting thread about Sage - Popovich Inc, who reposses aircraft a bit more professionally.

heliboy999
10th Apr 2010, 12:05
What a complete load of tosh! "Based" on actual events lol Very very very loosely "based" on I guess!
HB999

fluffy5
11th Apr 2010, 01:49
I remember a few years back, not with repo, but a private owner who had not paid his bills for maintenance. The company held his aircraft in the hangar,and the private owner turned up threaten to knee cap everyone and set fire to the hangar, and then proceeded to drag his r44 with no wheels on out the hangar. Needless to say that this private owner had earned his money alledgedly on the illegal side and was not a nice person to mess around.
Another instance with another company I worked for the amount of EC120's being repo'd, is now out a count of two. That was a few years ago, one such funny one, when the high court baliff had stuck his order on the EC120 at Mcalpines in the hangar. So none of the staff could touch it or even move it.
The private owner finds out, rings this number that Mcalpines staff handed him and starts spouting off in his wide boy essex accent, how he was going to make mince meat of the bloke and he better sleep with one eye open.....
After these death threats on the phone, the high court baliff introduces himself and that the phone call is being recorded.
Money and helicopters the bain of everyone's life.
fluffy