PDA

View Full Version : ICAO English Proficiency Test

Balticsea
8th Apr 2010, 20:53
I did my R/T test a couple of weeks ago and it occured to me that as I'm a little foreigner (studying in the UK), my English level should be assessed as well. My instructor didn't know how this works, as he's only allowed to sign off native speakers. I've tried ICAO and CAA web pages and googling, but most of the test centres seem to be found in Italy and few in a bit more exotic countries :p How on earth does this work :confused:

Clowd
9th Apr 2010, 11:59
Hello,

did you ask the authority, that approved your R/T test? They should be able to give you some more informations about the LP - and they should also be able to conduct the test. That's how it works in Germany...

IRRenewal
9th Apr 2010, 15:01
A UK RT examiner can assess non-native speakers during the RT practical, but only at level 6 (expert level). If the examiner thinks your English does not meet the level 6 requirements they cannot sign you off at a lower level.

Ps: Native English speakers get their English assessed as well. I am not a native English speaker myself but as a UK examiner I have assessed native speakers to be at level 6. Don't ask..........

PPs: Your instructor is not authorised to sign off anything when it comes to language assessment. Only examiners can do so.

JLMF
11th Apr 2010, 12:05
So, if I´m spanish and I have my RT test, and In my licence put english proficiency, Do I have the ICAO 4 automatically?