PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Club

Phot
8th Apr 2010, 07:31
Now tread carefully with this one.

I was chatting with a friend the other day and the topic of the mile high club came up in conversation.... as it does with pilots.

As we chatted about the subject various options were discussed but neither of us knew the actual ruling on what, or more accurately, how far you need to go to constituted membership.

Over the years I have heard many different accounts from both military and civil pilots about their exploits in joining the esteemed club (most I think were a little if not totally exaggerated). And before I get hounded down for being politically incorrect some were even from female pilots.

But I think we need a ruling on this.... What constitutes membership?

Again let have some fun with this but please try and keep it clean.

PyroTek
8th Apr 2010, 09:15
I doubt it's very possible to join from a Cessna 152/172 etc. :ok:

goudie
8th Apr 2010, 09:32
At 5280 feet you need 6 more inches.:ooh:

shortdrygrass
8th Apr 2010, 09:46
Been there many times. My wife and I trekked in Nepal for our honeymoon.

:)

Tibbsy
8th Apr 2010, 09:52
I recall a crew member down the back of an aircraft on a long night flight piping up on headset and claiming membership. A moments pause while that little gem was processed then the Captain dryly remarked that he felt that as the claimant was on his own down the back with the cargo, that hardly qualified as membership :D

Capetonian
8th Apr 2010, 09:56
If you do it at FL 41 does that qualify for membership 7 times?

MakeItHappenCaptain
8th Apr 2010, 09:58
Heard an ATC request one night for "6048'".

"Why do you want 6 thousand and.........oh..."

Vizsla
8th Apr 2010, 10:19
Factor in that its now going to cost a quid on Ryanair

VH-XXX
8th Apr 2010, 10:22
Haven't tried personally, but was on a QF from Syd - LAX just after Sydney Olympics, everyone was a little "high" after being at the Olympics and this girl around 20 started flirting with a guy around 60 outside the restrooms.... let's just say that things "progressed" from there. By the time they were done the hostie's had told a large number of passengers so they got a clap when they "finished."

chainsaw
8th Apr 2010, 10:30
MakeItHappenCaptain

Heard an ATC request one night for "6048'".

The person making the request wasn't going to qualify at 6,048 ft if seeking membership in NM terms.

MYTH BUSTED. :ok:

Vizsla
8th Apr 2010, 10:43
Telling everyone on board that they had the clap is a bit harsh

Wally Mk2
8th Apr 2010, 11:01
"Shortdrygrass" that doesn't count sorry buddy:E No wives allowed:}

Am sure I recall a crowd/Co (prob Syd knowing that lot!:)) who had an A/C 'set-up' for just such antics for say newlyweds. Shame planes don't have rear view mirrors, voyeurism is in all of us!:E At $600 bucks an Hr (Guess) good job us guys only need 2 mins inc asking:E
I wonder if such a plane say for Eg an old Aztec would be able to "keep it up" with a donk failed?

Wally mk2, Copulater:E

Horatio Leafblower
8th Apr 2010, 11:06
Cherokee 140 VH-WJS, October 1998, just north of MQD, enroute (on root?) YSBK-YSCO.

Sit in the middle of the seats (over the flap lever), plenty of room :ok:

Headsets get in the way of kissing so make sure you have the Comms on SPKR and a hand-held mike.

...If you are PIC when you join the club, do you qualify for gold membership? :confused:

yowieII
8th Apr 2010, 11:14
Many,many moons ago(hehe) had a an "experienced" guy explain how to do it whilst straddled around (so feet could still be on rudder pedals!) the centre console of a Baron! Not a bad way to practise engine failures:}
There was a mob out of EN a while back that did those sort of "charters", Bare Air from long suppressed memory.

ForkTailedDrKiller
8th Apr 2010, 11:36
Headsets get in the way of kissing so make sure you have the Comms on SPKR and a hand-held mike

Pssst! H - the Mile High Club isn't about kissing ! :E

Dr :8

Wally Mk2
8th Apr 2010, 11:53
Geeeez "HL" the mind boggles at that position bent over the flap lever:E I could ask what position you where all in (you the female, assuming there & the flap lvr), but best not though too much:-)

'Forky" they always wanna kiss after the event, why is that?................eeeeeekkkk:E

Wmk2

ResumeOwnNav
8th Apr 2010, 11:54
AIR AUSTRALIA (http://www.airaustralia.net/themilehighclub.shtml)

This mob in Jandakot offer the service...

Nav.

Icarus2001
8th Apr 2010, 11:55
6,048 ft

One nautical mile = 6076 feet close enough to 6080.

One statute mile = 5280 feet

I doubt it's very possible to join from a Cessna 152/172 etc.

Er, YES it is possible.:rolleyes:

yowieII
8th Apr 2010, 11:56
Just to give some back Wal:}

Capt Fathom
8th Apr 2010, 12:02
Cessna 152 .... ! You can free up a bit of space by removing the spare pole! :E