MOVING OFFSHORE [SEE SIGMET].

Does anyone know what the term "At First" mean?? :confused:

VH-XXX
8th Apr 2010, 05:50
If it's still current, run it though this and see what happens:

http://www.pemet.com.au

rotorblades
8th Apr 2010, 13:28
Dont ask me Im just lowly ATC, I just read the things out. We hope the pilots understand them

j3pipercub
8th Apr 2010, 21:55
Far-out Rotor! When you guys and girls read the SIGMETS in those calm dulcet tones, I figure they couldn't be that bad cos you don't seem worried :}:}:}

PA39
9th Apr 2010, 00:38
Don't you just love it when you're in the s**t big time and they ask "what r your intentions?"

morno
9th Apr 2010, 03:09
j3,
That's more a "faaaark, glad it's you guys and not me out there" tone, :E.

But you're right, it'd make the airwaves so much more enlightening to listen to if they put some expression into it, :}.

morno

rotorblades
9th Apr 2010, 07:17
Its some of the places they choose that bemuses me. Do people flying in the Singleton area know where Texas Hospital is?:ok:

rotorblades
9th Apr 2010, 09:22
J3 & Morno,
its hard to put epression into an ARFOR, it covers such a large timeframe, large area & a whole multitude of different conditions you have to wonder just how accurate they are.
Now Metars & Specis can be more fun, I remember there were SPECI's coming out for Port Macq about every 5 minutes for rain and more rain. so after a while of tirelessly reading them out for pilots inbound I added at the end RMK/weather only good for ducks & submarines.

At least I knew someone was listening though (a VOZ from Sydney to Brisbane piped up laughing).

Sense of humour is alie and well in ATC, hasnt quite been beaten out of us by management ....... yet