PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Query

Mustbee
30th May 2001, 14:52
I have recently passed my Class 1 medical and am about to start on the wholesale surrender of my material wealth in pursuit of my frozen ATPL. I have to admit to being more than a little phased by the cost implications of losing my Class 1 at some point in the future and having to return to my present career minus my house and savings.

Can anyone therefore please advise me of how the various insurance schemes work, when to apply for one and of any particular clauses which tend to be ones to look out for.

Finally, following a claim, do the schemes provide for a lump sum payment or is the payment apportioned annually as with disability insurance.

Any information or advice will be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Mustbee

bow5
4th Jun 2001, 16:02
No one has replied to this but I think it is quite important. Has anyone had experience with good or bad insurance policies? Where can we wannabes get them and how much do they cost?

Cheers.

Night Rider
4th Jun 2001, 21:13
bow5 and mustbee,

Hi there,

I have a Frozen ATPL and am currenlty flying for and airline on a fairly short term contract. As a result I have not joined the company pension scheme and have therefore no loss of licence insurance.

I too am looking for loss of licence medical insurance and would be grateful of any info you have.

Cheers for now and happy flying....

------------------
Pull back and the houses get smaller - pull back a bit more and the houses get bigger!

Mustbee
5th Jun 2001, 15:51
Night Rider/Bow 5

I have re-posted on questions.

Hopefully we'll have more luck there.

Regards

Mustbee

bow5
5th Jun 2001, 15:59
Nice one. Cheers.

Mustbee
5th Jun 2001, 17:23
bow5

I withdrew the post following Night Rider's post under the same forum. Have a look at it if you haven't already done so.

Regards

Mustbee