PDA

View Full Version : Grommits in the RAF?

Marrow
19th Jul 2001, 02:05
Hi,
I am an RAF wannabe, shortly to be applying, but I had grommits in my ears between the ages of about 5 and 13, since when they have been removed, and I have had no further problems with my ears. Will this history affect my application to the RAF as pilot/other aircrew branches? If so, does this also apply to Army/Navy aviation?

Many thanks

Marrow

Tocsin
20th Jul 2001, 01:22
Marrow,

You've chosen the "proper" forum for your question, but if you don't get a reply, repost in the military aircrew section...

Sorry, can't answer your question myself!

[edited for typo]

[ 19 July 2001: Message edited by: Tocsin ]

g-okay
23rd Jul 2001, 23:45
hey marrow, just to let u know just been down to OASC myself, passed all the app test the medical went ok, then came the review and thats when they told me they would have to fail me, because i cant hear 1 freq in one of the ears :mad: .i had grommits when i was a lad, so if i were u i would go and see your gp and save the heart ache. If u want some help with oasc drop me a line.

only1leftmate!
24th Jul 2001, 01:27
Good advice about the hearing test but you'd be amazed at how many guys (and gals) have to cuff it through the medicals beacause of so called 'hard and fast rules'. If you're keen, go for it!