PDA

View Full Version : McCamley Tragedy

rioncentu
6th Apr 2010, 22:54
Condolences to the McCamley family for the tragic death of Lady McCamley in a plane crash a couple of days ago.

Sir Graham has a marvellous aviation facility at his property and has quite a collection of aircraft which he still flies even though he is getting on.

News reports that Lady McCamley was a passenger with her grandson on what appeared to be a RAA registered aircraft which crashed on their property. He walked away.

Tragic news.

VH-XXX
6th Apr 2010, 23:53
Tragedy is an accident where you do everything right, hold the appropriate endorsements for the flight and aircraft type and something goes horribly wrong.

This incident does not fit that category.

The aircraft was a new Lightwing Speed.

Loss of life is always a tragedy regardless.

frigatebird
6th Apr 2010, 23:55
Tragic news indeed. Stalwart family of the Beef Industry in Central Queensland and longtime users of private aircraft for business. Very sad.

Does Graham still have that Robertson STOL Twin Commanche that Max Conrad (the long distance flier who couldn't sleep) delivered to Rocky in early '74 ?

Capt Fathom
7th Apr 2010, 01:14
Also involved with the start up of Countryair in Rocky. Hence the regos.. VH-MC_

rioncentu
7th Apr 2010, 02:34
Dunno which twin com he has/had but currently flies TTS I think. I suspect he's had that one for a while hence the rego (TTS - Tartrus)

Also had another nice twin com for a short while a few years ago.

frigatebird
7th Apr 2010, 03:16
Fathom
Would have thought that came from the Millroy side, with Don running the Countryair operation.

redned
7th Apr 2010, 05:49
I thought his twin commanche was TTS right from the early 70s.Most of Don Millroys were MC something,but for some reason i thought Don was involved with the sale TTS as he was a Piper dealer

Capt Fathom
7th Apr 2010, 11:51
Hmmm.... It was some time ago!!

There was some connection, but my memory is playing tricks again! :uhoh: