PDA

View Full Version : 737-Classic Type Rating UK

tingtang
6th Apr 2010, 15:52
Hi

Anyone know of anyone wanting to do a 737-classic type rating in the UK? Need to start in the next few weeks but need a partner...!

Anyone also know if there are major issues in doing a 737-NG rating and then a classic differences course afterwards?

Thanks all

T

adverse-bump
6th Apr 2010, 18:05
I've been wondering what to do with my spare £20,000! why not, I'll waste it on a useless tr!

I do hope you have a job offer!

tingtang
6th Apr 2010, 18:15
Great, a very useful response. Every heard of RTFQ.

Aphid
6th Apr 2010, 18:50
Just a thought, it may be cheaper to do the classic rating first and then the differences on the NG. That was the rumour when I did it, although I wasn't paying so don't know for certain.

tingtang
6th Apr 2010, 19:09
I think the classic is a little cheaper but I can't find a partner for it whereas I can for the NG.

I'm going to be flying the classic hence the preference for doing that.

I'm also a low hours pilot so was wondering about issues of doing all that training on the NG but then ending up flying the classic...

I8UU8ME
6th Apr 2010, 23:31
Guys how does it work with type rating and line training ?

is it cheaper to do ur line training with another partner ??? can u please suggest of the best institutes tht offer line training ! ?

320 and 737 ng

Brian304
6th Apr 2010, 23:52
Well I'm assuming the 737 -300 (and not the B737-200), flown on both classic and NG, the classic has a few things which you cannot program into the FMC, which the NG can (you'll basically have to do it manually). Also the weather radar controls are on the side instead of on the MCP in the classic. Though the classic is better to control, but look out for those landings, as you'll feel more on the landing in a classic than on an NG, well thats from previous experience.

Well eaglejet do a line training program with TR, that would work out cheaper than other institutes probably, though I heard there is a long wait. If you do your TR in london with one of there partners, then do the line training with eaglejet, you'll get some kind of discount, think it is a few thousand pounds, but you should ask them to confirm that.

Happy Landings...