PDA

View Full Version : Sorry !! BA question....... (Not eyesight though !)

NewBloke
17th Jul 2001, 16:17
Firstly, I apologise because this thread is similar to another ! But I was wondering if you can pass BA's medical requirements if you have a history of Hayfever !?! I know they are slightly more stringent than CAA, but I don't know to what extent. Also, for the initial mini-medical - do you have to attend the doc's, or is this simply a questionnaire for your doctor !? Oh.... and finally..... can your AME fill in this questionnaire ? Phew..!! Sorry for all the questions, and hope they haven't been asked a million times before....

Cherio,

NB.

Rod Eddington
18th Jul 2001, 18:11
hayfever should be ok, it's some of the medication that can be a problem with both the CAA annd BA. many antihistimines have drowsiness as a side effect and these are not allowed (even if you are not affected by the side effects!). If you are on a 'drowsy' antihistimine then try changing to something non drowsy - clarityn (loratadine) is the best as you can get it over the counter in chemists. fexafenadine (i think) is another but you'll have to see your doc to get this.
cheers and good luck
rod