PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, 15 Hrs PPL & Help on route to ATPL

DaveS3Turbo
5th Apr 2010, 21:22
Hi all,

Let me give you a brief outline of my scenario. Im 23 live in Bolton near Manchester.

I am currently working as an I.T Engineer to fund my modular training towards becoming an airline pilot ( eventually ). I like many have dreamed about this job so here goes.

I currently have GCSE's 2 A's 7 B's 2 C's inc Maths, English, Science Etc.
3 A-Levels in IT ( B ) / LAW ( C ) / Business Studies ( D )

I have currently done 10 Hrs PPL training in Caenafron ( Cessna 172 SP ) with Any Reay however this was paused due to financial commitments at that time and I am now ready and eager to carry on with this costly exercise.

My questions are...

I am thinking of changng to Liverpool airport PPL training, has anyone had any experience. Does it really matter what plane you learn in for PPL?

Do I meet the minimum requirements at basic level?

What route can ppl suggest so I can apply the 5 P's ( Proper Planning avoids piss poor performance ) As in what order?

Any info is much apreciated, Like I say I'm going to Liverpool this Saturday to have a chat.

How long to reach ATPL Frozen / CPL doing the modular route being realistic.

The problem is Im doing at IT job at the moment earning approx £26000 pa to fund me.

Sorry to ramble and hope you get the outline

Regards David Mann

adverse-bump
5th Apr 2010, 23:03
before someone bites your head off, Ill say it! if you have a look at the top of the 'wannabe's' forum there is a STICKY thread, it will have lots of the info you want, take it all with a pinch of salt though its only what other people think.

I used to instruct at ravenair, and still now a couple of the guys, all top blokes. pop in on a rainy day and they will sit for hours with you, but if you go in on a nice sunny day, dont expect much attention (theyll all be flying!!)

have you considered barton, probably closer to you if your from bolton. ravenair also have a base there.

if you have any spefic questions after reading that sticky feel free to pm me

DaveS3Turbo
5th Apr 2010, 23:10
Thanks for your comment, what do you think of my situation.

David

Shunter
6th Apr 2010, 06:17
You're probably well aware that the industry is on its arse at the moment, so no big rush. Also no need to think about the bigger picture until you've got your PPL done. Complete that, do some flying and build a bit of confidence (actually going somewhere helps, as opposed to most on this forum who seem allergic to landing away).

If you still fancy going the whole hog once you can actually fly an aeroplane then get yourself enrolled on an ATPL groundschool course. Chances are by the time you've finished that you'll have somewhere near enough hours to make you eligible to start your CPL. Take it steady in the current climate and get yourself in as little debt as possible. There's little or nothing in the way of jobs at present so no point rushing.