PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Results

andyrussell
3rd Sep 2001, 16:07
Hi

I have been conditionally offered a place on the ATCO training course to begin on Oct 1. As such I went for a medical to Heathrow on 15th August. My haemoglobin level was 0.2 of a unit higher than the 16.9 level set. The medical results were forwarded to Gatwick, where they would have the final say. I rang last Tuesday - the 28th Aug - and was told everything was fine. I have not yet however recieved a reference number or certificate, nor has Nats been informed of the results. Is such a delay normal. I am anxious to recieve news and an unconditional offer, as I am travelling from Northern Ireland and need to make arrangements soon. Any information much appreciated. Thanks

Rob 747
3rd Sep 2001, 17:22
CAA= 2 speeds

Slow & Stop!!!!! :D :D :D

It took me about 10 working days to get a class1 med cert for flying but i dont know how long it will take for an ATCO cert.

I can only assume you will go through the same doctors, so yours will take 10 wkin days too. :D :D

andyrussell
3rd Sep 2001, 17:39
Thanks Rob.

Was that 10 working days from the date of your medical? Did they call to tell you the result, or was your first contact the cert in the post?

Anyone else experience any long delays?

andyrussell
4th Sep 2001, 12:10
Rich Tea

As far as I'm aware, you do 15 hrs of flying during training.