PDA

View Full Version : External/Internal video recording on EC120/EC130

madman1145
2nd Apr 2010, 12:12
Hi guys;

I have seen that Blue Hawaiian and Maverick in the US offers custemors a DVD with external and internal recording, video and audio, of the tour they have just taken.

Been browsing through their websites and on Google, having no luck finding who manufacture this equipment for the EC130 they operate, can any one lead me to the direction where to find such info. I am looking into EC120 and EC130 for tour operations in Europe, so an EASA approval would be needed.

Thanks in advance.

madman1145

wigglyamp
2nd Apr 2010, 20:06
Flight Display Systems make an airborne video recorder which puts the data onto flash-cards, each with upto 4 hour capacity. The box has FAA PMA and is DO-160 qualified which would allow it to be used in an EASA design. PM me if you want more details.

ILblog
3rd Apr 2010, 04:57
Also anyone know, some rear view camera system for EC120?

I have mounted car rear view camera, but quality of display and camera was bad.

ReverseFlight
3rd Apr 2010, 14:05
Several years ago I flew with Blue Hawaiian over Kauai and bought a copy of the DVD of my ride. A couple of the cameras had slightly blurred images and I still wonder whether it was because it was placed in a location with too much vibration / resonance or perhaps there was some fault in the cabling ? Just points to watch out for.

DynamicallyUnstable
11th Apr 2010, 07:18
I'll try to remember to check out what brand of system we use in the 130. We just switched our cameras to a different one for better quality video. The problem with it is that it is zoomed in more closely and it makes it more difficult to capture things sometimes. If you don't get a reply from me here in the next day or two, drop me a PM and remind me.