PDA

View Full Version : Good Flying Schools In UAE?

konvikt
1st Apr 2010, 21:31
hey everyone..i am a newbie..this is my first post on the website..I am 18 and i just finished my high school studies here in sharjah and i am looking forward to become a pilot in an airline..i would like to keep it short and straight..first of all i would like to know how many flying school in the UAE offer CPL courses..i am also looking for something not too expensive and basically something that can get me employed as soon as I finish my course..i have googled quiet a few but i would like your suggestions aswell... Awaiting positive replies!..(Inshallah)

Mr Good Cat
2nd Apr 2010, 06:58
hey everyone..i am a newbie..this is my first post on the website..I am 18 and i just finished my high school studies here in sharjah and i am looking forward to become a pilot in an airline..i would like to keep it short and straight..first of all i would like to know how many flying school in the UAE offer CPL courses..i am also looking for something not too expensive and basically something that can get me employed as soon as I finish my course..i have googled quiet a few but i would like your suggestions aswell... Awaiting positive replies!..(Inshallah)

If you are a UAE National you can apply for Emirates' own cadet pilot course, not sure of the minimum age though.

If you are not a UAE national then you could try Etihad's scheme which is open to those outside of the UAE.

I have to be honest with you and tell you this:

Just getting your CPL does not lead straight to employment, especially if it's from an 'unknown' flying school and certainly not in an economic environment such as the current one.

If you have the right to residency in Europe you might want to look at doing an approved course at one of their big schools such as Oxford Air Training School or BAE Flight Training, or maybe CTC Aviation. Colleges such as these have a good reputation with the major airlines and are probably your best chance of finding quick employment.

I'm afraid at the moment though you may find yourself having to fund extra flying hours to keep 'current' (i.e. practice your flying) after your course finishes. If you're lucky you may be able to find a job as a flying instructor on small single-engine aircraft to gain some free flying experience - it doesn't pay very well of course.

Alternatively, you're young enough and have time on your side so you could do a degree at university whilst waiting for the economy and aviation industry to recover, and maybe also get your private flying licence in your spare time to build some experience. That would be my advice if you can't get into the Emirates or Etihad cadet schemes. Then when you are 21 you will have a formal qualification and a private licence which will help you in your application for a cadet scheme or flying job in the future.

For more information search the forum titled 'Wannabees' on this website, and you will find similar people as yourself to discuss things with.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

MGC.

konvikt
3rd Apr 2010, 22:20
Thank you very much for your reply, Sir.
About 75% of what u said was already known to me as i have researched enough about it through the years..i will surely look on this website for more info so that i am well updated and well learned..by the way i would like to know more about the Etihad's so called scheme like you said..may b e i could try my luck there...and like you said an extra course...well i was thinking to do travel and tourism course side by side..is it worth it...what do you think? please answer back..:):ok:

Mr Good Cat
5th Apr 2010, 03:04
Well, "Travel and Tourism" would not be a qualification that would either help you in the job or benefit the employer. If that is really what you would like to do then go for it, but a degree in Business Admin, or a science-based qualification would get you more recognition.

For info on the Etihad courses go to ETIHAD Airways | Emaraati Cadet Training (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/GraduateMgmt/NationalJobList.aspx)

It looks like they are only taking UAE Nationals at the moment but they do also take Non-UAE guys on sometimes.

Hope this helps...