PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways Terms and Conditions?

Single Flasher
1st Apr 2010, 10:46
Does anybody out there have any firm figures with respect to the advertised jobs with Tiger Airways Australia? Particularly interested in the Command Ts and Cs. Rostering, general working conditions etc. Would be great if someone in the know could provide some information on this. Thanks

SF

Okie
1st Apr 2010, 22:37
From another thread.

Quote:
If anyone does have there conditions could they please post them for all to see..

F/O
•75K base
•$36 per flight hour
•$20K bonus every 3 years
CAPT
•112K base
•$75 per flight hour
•$30K bonus every 3 years
•10 sickies per year
•25 days annual leave per year
•Time to command for suitable pilots: 12 months in Tiger or 1000hrs A320
Pay your own uniform, parking & meals. Expect 800-1000 hrs per year.

Sunstar320
1st Apr 2010, 22:53
•25 days annual leave per yearNo, You need another 2 weeks to that for public holidays and another 10 days or so which accounts for normal days off whilst on leave.

$70 a month to park at Staff Parking. Overnights have returned, expect another one in June. Mostly 4 sector flying, some shifts can be quite long, others just four 1.5hr hops. Good working environment, some great people and experience lies inside Tiger.

Aussie
3rd Apr 2010, 04:26
If that information is valid, then Tiger is by far the lowest paid airline out there in aus.

Anyone know how quick to command now? Pay your own TR?

bagchucka
3rd Apr 2010, 05:59
If that information is valid, then Tiger is by far the lowest paid airline out there in aus.

75k plus 800-1000hrs @ $36p/h = $104k to 111k

Aussie... :ugh: Suggest you open your eyes.

Anyone know how quick to command now?

Again... open your fecking eyes!

Duck Pilot
3rd Apr 2010, 07:21
In relation to paying for the endorsement,how does that work ? Do you have to pay Ansett or who ever up front and then get offered a job after being checked to line ? Are they hiring at the moment (Might sound like a stupid question,but I'm not up to date with the current situation in Australia) ?

Aussie
4th Apr 2010, 11:24
Sorry mate, my bad. I was asleep when reading that post clearly. Just saw the Base pay and not the flight pay. My apologies. :ok:

GAFA
4th Apr 2010, 12:31
DJ 737 FO Level 2 base currently $107k increasing to $110k in July, plus another $10k- 20k per year in allowances, giving at total of $117 - 127k per year. FO's are getting 12-16 days off per 28 days with some picking up overtime(more than 71 hrs per month) every month, and only doing around 800 hours per year.

Those FO's who are on Level 3 (2000 hours on company aircraft) are on base of $116k.

Single Flasher
7th Apr 2010, 12:14
Thanks for all the good, detailed info. Really helps a lot. Sounds quite good compared to low cost industry standards. Can any of you confirm whether DEC's are being taken on at the moment? Number of aircraft arriving? Recruitment plans/numbers required etc?
Have my application in but haven't heard anything yet.

Regds

SF

Aussie
8th Apr 2010, 02:44
What experience do you have? They dont seem to like taking aussies flying abroad....

tiger_insider
8th Apr 2010, 08:14
Particularly interested in the Command Ts and Cs

112K base + $73 per hour + 30K bonus after 3 years

Rostering

fixed roster no longer available to new starts, i.e no 5 on 2 off 5 on 4 off

some are seeing only 9 days off per month

roster currently needs attention, very fatiguing and lifestyle limited if you are on the so called 'flexi roster'

general working conditions

ok, but poorer than J*, VB etc

Anyone know how quick to command now

there is no seniority, so time to command depends on the individual

Pay your own TR

yes

In relation to paying for the endorsement,how does that work ? Do you have to pay Ansett or who ever up front and then get offered a job after being checked to line ?

you get your TR after being given a start date. they will give u just enuff time to get it. employment subject to holding a TR

Are they hiring at the moment

interviewing, but not hiring (hold file)

Can any of you confirm whether DEC's are being taken on at the moment?

Yes DECs are being taken, but will probably stop sometime next year when there will be a pool of effos with 2+ years on type.

Number of aircraft arriving?

for the entire group: 12 from now till end of next year, then 40 more through 2015, total fleet size 68 by end 2015

They dont seem to like taking aussies flying abroad....

yes they do

Have my application in but haven't heard anything yet.

like so many others

Single Flasher
8th Apr 2010, 14:19
Hi Aussie.

Shouldn't be a problem. 10,000+ and 4000+Cmmd glass over 50T. No TR though.

Anybody have the contact details of the recruitment dept, other than just the email address?

SF

hongkongfooey
8th Apr 2010, 15:19
Single flasher, have a mate who is Aussie flying abroad, 15,000 hrs, flown 3 narrow bodies as Captain ( over 7000hrs ), 3 years on 320 but not as captain.
Tiger told him they can only take DECs that are current as captain on 320, he later found out they just hired a guy as DEC who has not flown for 4 years...jobs for the boys.

BTW, are you Aussie living in UK ? I don't think pilots are on the immigration list if you're not.

Good luck.

Duck Pilot
8th Apr 2010, 22:16
Thanks for the information to those who replied, very helpful indeed.

Okie
9th Apr 2010, 01:06
Former B767/B777 C&T Captain serving his time as FO since he didn't have an A320 rating. I believe the DEC who has 4 years off was A320 qualified. Nothing sinister there.

MrSheffield
9th Apr 2010, 01:31
Okie, hongkongfooey said that Tiger told his mate they can only take DECs that are current on the A320...but obviously they made an exception for this bloke because he is well connected to someone at the top. makes me wonder how the guys in the RHS feel about this

Aussie
9th Apr 2010, 02:24
Connections seems to make the difference these days. Probably always has and will continue to do so...

Okie
9th Apr 2010, 02:32
Hongkongfooey's mate had not been a Captain on the A320. There's the difference. Currency on the A320, if you have Captain A320 on your license, only involves simulator and line training as far as I know.

VH-XXX
9th Apr 2010, 02:59
Do you have to pay Ansett or who ever up front and then get offered a job after being checked to line ?

You could try that if you wanted :)

youbuet
9th Apr 2010, 03:12
Is there going to be any Sydney bases or all in Melbourne

tiger_insider
9th Apr 2010, 03:26
Tiger were struggling for crew at one stage, but no where near enough to warrant the employment of a DEC who hadn't flown for 4 years. favour for a mate, stop trying to justify it. Okie, you probably are the DEC! and who is this DEC anyway?

j3pipercub
9th Apr 2010, 03:47
VH-XXX, I believe the Ansett Sim Centre was being referred to...

hongkongfooey
9th Apr 2010, 05:54
Okie, I guess our definitions of current are slightly different, I personally think that someone who has'nt flown for 4 years but who had an A320 command in the past would take as much if not more training than a current A320 F/O who'd had command on stuff like 737NG etc in the past, I am pretty sure CASA would agree.
There would not be too many Non-ex Ansett run airlines in the world that would consider not having flown for 4 years as being current, in fact the question may be asked : " why have'nt you flown for 4 years ? "

DECs are normally about not having guys with enough experience in the company, would'nt you agree ? Telling guys ( not just my mate ) with bucket loads of experience on everything including the 320 that they don't have the Tiger command requirements, gives the Tiger hierarchy very little credibility. But unfortunately thats pretty much the case at every airline ( except QF mainline ) in Oz since 2001 :hmm: I think they will be a little less cocky in coming years, especially if they get even half the expansion they are talking about.

Aussie, painfully true :ok:

Tiger insider, I am with you on that one.

Okie
9th Apr 2010, 06:28
Tiger_insider

Afraid not; been a non stop A319/A320/A321 Captain since April 1991. No breaks.

PPRuNeUser0161
9th Apr 2010, 12:36
Tiger Insider
Whats your take on the offer on the table re the EBA. Seems a bit lower than current pays and with no increases for four years the guys will earn less at the end than they do now, and I guess the retention bonuses are out as well?
SN

tiger_insider
10th Apr 2010, 01:37
whatever the rules and regs....if you havnt flown in 4 years then you are not current in anyone's book.

Soup: yes the offer makes u worse off:ugh: but it was the company's first offer and was rejected (as expected)