PDA

View Full Version : India Light Combat Helicopter flies

chopper2004
31st Mar 2010, 14:19
Indian LCH flies | Shephard Group (http://www.shephard.co.uk/news/rotorhub-com/indian-lch-flies/6017/)

dangermouse
31st Mar 2010, 14:26
that is one BAD looking helo!

DM:yuk:

Could be the last?
31st Mar 2010, 16:49
So the AW159 is any better.........????

The B Word
31st Mar 2010, 18:44
What's wrong with the Indian LCH - looks like most other Attack Helo to me:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1412/lchcomputerimage2.jpg

Always a Sapper
31st Mar 2010, 18:54
Nice EXPENSIVE looking Helo ....

However could someone please explain why the UK Government (Brown the Clown signed us up for it btw) is giving over £850 million in aid to India??? :*

About time they (India) spent their money on sensible things and not stuff like space programmes and big boys toys.......

The B Word
31st Mar 2010, 19:04
Always a Sapper

With my political hat on, that £850M will probably "buy us favour" with the Indians for when we're a 3rd world country and they are a global super power.

In the 21st Century it is widely expected that China, India, Brazil, Russia and the European Union will be the next superpowers. I guess we're "spreading our bets" as it were...

The B Word

barnstormer1968
31st Mar 2010, 19:07
The canopy reminds me of the Cheyenne (yes, I know it's less rounded), with a
bit of added Comanche for stealth.

Looks nice to me, but I do always wonder why the government say that NO
country can built aircraft on their own anymore (this one isn't single source,
but many are), but yearly I see new types from
single source countries........Maybe they just think I am stupid enough to believe
them.

The B Word
31st Mar 2010, 19:17
BS1968

but I do always wonder why the government say that NO country can built aircraft on their own anymore

Simples! My friend. It's so we don't have to buy the junk that our industry has turned out in recent years! IMHO, the rot started when Hawker Siddley merged with the British Aircraft Corporation in 1977 - disaster ever since!

Anyway, back to Indian Light Combat Helicopters...

jonwilly
1st Apr 2010, 04:57
"buy us favour" with the Indians.
Like ya style.
No the Indians will sell us a Favour, despite all we have done for them.
United the cuntry from a collection of 'Principalities', tried to stop them burning widows while we where there, Gave them a Proper Civil Service, now very Badu, an effective Legal system with incorruptible Judges and above the English language and cricket.

john
Oh and as a pssing thought they profited very well from us Smogging the Indistrial areas of UK in 1800s & 1900s yet now they want exemptions for they are a Developing cuntry, with Nucs and Space missiles

thunderbird7
1st Apr 2010, 06:40
Your grasp of Indian history is astounding :bored:

"What did the Romans ever do for us?"

Hilife
1st Apr 2010, 08:20
Barnsmasher

Looks nice to me, but I do always wonder why the government say that NO country can build aircraft on their own anymore (this one isn't single source, but many are), but yearly I see new types from single source countries........

Although HAL has teamed-up with Turbomeca to build the Shakti engine to power the LCH, HAL are pretty much building this ship on their own and in spite of advances from AW, HAL has also decided to go it alone in its Light Observation Helicopter (LOH) program.

As most of the world’s helicopter OEM’s are taking advantage of low aviation labour rates in India and China and scrambling to get platforms in these huge growth potential markets, I guess India must be asking itself why it should be looking to side with an international partner when all and sundry are looking to them to build platforms on their behalf.

barnstormer1968
1st Apr 2010, 12:53
Your grasp of Indian history is astounding http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wbored.gif

Are you sure that actually related to India?

ISTR that many Indians have quite a different slant on that!:)