PDA

View Full Version : Taxis at T5

noseyboy
30th Mar 2010, 21:39
Hi, wonder if anyone can help?

Im staying at the Travelodge at T5 tomorrow and arriving by train - does anyone know of any taxis that wont charge me £11 to travel 0.5 miles that the travelodge website recommends?!

Also is there anywhere anyone recomends to tell the taxi to pick me up from? Im sure there is a taxi pick up place but if ya have a tip then that would be good.

I know there is a shuttle bus but there is no set time and it only operates every 40 mins at the time im arriving.

Also i'm meeting a friend at T1, how can i get between the 2 terminals? Is the Heathrow express free between those stations

Thanks in advance for the replies!! :ok:

nBoy

Chuchinchow
30th Mar 2010, 23:12
It's all in here, you know: BAA Heathrow: Welcome to Heathrow Airport | Parking | Terminal 5 (http://www.heathrowairport.com/)

We are always pleased to help those who are prepared to help themselves first. Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter, you know.

noseyboy
31st Mar 2010, 00:18
excuse me?!!!.......Churchinchow.....at what point did you need to be rude to me?

It reminds me of that age old saying...."its not what you say, it the way you say it!"

Okay i didnt no that info existed ......but did you have to belittle me? Could you not have said "check this link out...it should help you out"

But no instead you tried to look clever....get 1 up....really?!! Was it worth it? Do you feel more superior than me now?!

Why do some people on here insist on being rude to each other? We are all human after all!...we are not all perfect!

Heres a thought or 2 my late grandfather use to say:

Treat people the same way you expect to be treated yourself.....

Remember some people know more things than others......but it doesnt mean they should be punished.....because there will always be something you know that they dont...

If you have nothing better to say....dont say anything at all

If in life you belittle others......others will belittle your life...

IF only everyone on here remembered that!

Rant over!!!!

nBoy :)

Chuchinchow
31st Mar 2010, 11:14
Hamlet: Act 3, scene 2 - line 230

forget
31st Mar 2010, 11:21
Les Dawson. London Palladium. August 31st 1982. Opening line.

Jarvy
31st Mar 2010, 11:50
Hoppa bus goes from T5 to travelodge, 4 pounds each way. I know you said the station but if you can get to T5 the bus runs every 20 minutes. Also buses run between all the terminals.

Kiltrash
31st Mar 2010, 15:18
How embarrising, a poster from the US of A politly supplies the needed info in the face of the home grown bickering!

Jarvy
31st Mar 2010, 15:22
I may live in the US but I am a brit and it was a very simple question!

routem
16th Apr 2010, 13:52
And not the only place Chuchinthingy causes offence !!

13Alpha
16th Apr 2010, 16:53
In defence of noseyboy, I recently had occasion to travel by public transport to Heathrow and stay overnight at an airport hotel before an early flight.

I naively assumed that I could pitch up by tube at Heathrow T123 station and follow the signs for Taxis or Courtesy buses or at worst, ask a member of airport staff for directions.

About 30 minutes later, having wandered rather aimlessly around the concrete, pedestrian-hostile jungle that is the exterior of Heathrow Airport, following temporary signs which led to closed terminal buildings or pointed directly across roadworks, and having followed incorrect directions from at least two airport staff, I finally stumbled across one of the Hoppa buses Jarvy mentions.

It wasn't the right bus for my destination but I did finally get correct directions to the bus station and eventually made my way to the Ramada.

I felt a great deal of sympathy for the non-English speaking tourists who were also struggling to navigate to their airport hotel. Another of the myriad ways in which Heathrow fails its customers.

13Alpha

Capetonian
16th Apr 2010, 16:56
to travel 0.5 miles

Taxi? 0.5 miles?

(If you're physically disabled then forgive my cynicism).

nicolai
17th Apr 2010, 09:11
Taxi? 0.5 miles?

(If you're physically disabled then forgive my cynicism).

It's impossible to walk from the hotels outside the airport to the terminals - the tunnel from the perimeter to the terminals permits vehicles (and bicycles) only, no matter how short the distance. Since I regularly go to an office very near Heathrow by public transport this is a source of continual irritation to me.

While one can take the Hotel Hoppa at GBP4 each way and a service frequency of every 20 minutes ish, one can also take the general buses which go more frequently, the Harlington Corner or Bath Road / Oxford Street stop is probably nearest the Premier Inn. (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/heathrowterminals123-13970.pdf) Harlington Corner is within the "Freeflow zone" so the bus into T123 bus station is free.