PDA

View Full Version : EK On Line Booking

Dubaian
30th Mar 2010, 05:05
Anyone else having trouble with this ? I tried loads of times yesterday with 2 different browsers - never once managed to complete a booking. :ugh::ugh::ugh:More than one error message.

Gave up in disgust and went to the DNATA offices on SZR. Very nice lady at the queuing number issue machine at reception sorted it all for me in milliseconds :D:D- but at a higher cost !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
This ain't the first time the EK 'puter has stuffed me. :mad:
Anyone else having troubles ??

troff
30th Mar 2010, 06:46
Yes.
Tried unsuccessfully to wait-list to JFK on-line.
Finally spoke to a human who said: "The flight is "full-full-full", so now you must arrive at the counter as a "go-show", and... (get this...) first come first served!"
We "go-showed" early enough as the seats were issued with many (with highter priority, I suspect) left behind, grumbling.
I thought the whole idea of a waitlist was just that- a wait-list- and that there is a policy in place to divy out tickets, according to the Staff Travel Manual.
Seniority should have some merit.
If the the new-joiner has been bumped four nights in a row, tough. I was once in that position.
They should not be given priority for simply being in attendance longer, or trying for the flight more often.
Same scene in BKK a while ago...
Wazzup?

Dubaian
30th Mar 2010, 08:19
Ah we might have some crossed lines troff - I'm just a humble bit of SLF trying to go on leave. Your post reads more like you're FC or CC trying for a cheapo trip. Same problem however.... EK systems are snafu.
Oh and we can all forget the customer services phone number. As much chance of getting them to answer as a snowball in hell.

EK Snorkel
30th Mar 2010, 13:54
Are you guys talking about TRIPS?

As per today I can not enter TRIPS anymore- message about "pop-up blocker" comes up which has never been a problem before?

Any ideas? Thanks

troff
30th Mar 2010, 17:41
Not a cheapo trip.
Mom and her mom the kids going back to the motherland.
Not on ALT's.
T