PDA

View Full Version : Moncton Flight College

alexduffy
29th Mar 2010, 16:06
Hi folks,

Im starting my atpl training at mfc in new brunswick, Canada at the start of may and was wondering if anyone has any info about the college,area or if anyone is there at the moment doing the course it would be great to have some info before i head over.

Cheers

Alex

TopGunGB
29th Mar 2010, 17:10
Hi Alex,

I did my PPL at MFC way back when they still had a JAA programme. Overall, I was very happy with the school. It's professionally run, if a little on the busy side. But so long as you show up on time for your flights, everything will be peachy. Everyone's very friendly as well. Great maintenance department, too.

Moncton itself is a nice little town. If you're the outdoorsy type, you'll be very happy there. The night life is pretty decent as well.

The only downside from my personal experience was the length of time it took to finish my PPL. There are so many students that it became difficult at times to get more than an hour's flight per day. That said, I left just as the school began to implement a new scheduling system, which may have solved that problem.

PM if you need an more details.

TG

BA123
30th Mar 2010, 09:32
Alex,

I also did my PPl with MFC between March 2007 and August 2007.

This might sound like a long time but the training I received was very good. Unfortunately I was under the now non existent JAA department so I can not speak much of the other courses.

I would not worry about the amount of time it may take you to gain your PPL, because the weather is very similar to the UK and therefore you will not become a FAIR WEATHER pilot.

The aircraft are well maintained and the schools scheduling system is top notch. Moncton is a nice place and the people very friendly. I only have good things to say about the place.

Chris