PDA

View Full Version : XOJET Abu dhabi

aunt sally
29th Mar 2010, 15:12
Hi guys

Does anybody have any information or know anything as such about XOJET and their Abu Dhabi operation. Fleet, hiring, plans and if possible a contact for HR I would really appreciate a PM I have tried to apply throught he website but there was nothing specific. I would be interested in an FA position if there is or will be a requirement in the future.

Cheers

AS

aeroground
30th Mar 2010, 02:51
message on pm

SU-GCM
1st Apr 2010, 04:55
@aeroground

Do you know if they are looking for flight dispatchers or operations officers ?

Pilotmo
12th Aug 2010, 12:59
Take care with XOJET, they are operating under FAA 135, and have no company Licence to exist in the UAE.:=
This means that unless you are employed under the American operation you will be self employed so no medical, no UAE residence or employment visa, and no security.
And under UAE labor law you will be illegal and face possible imprisonment and being thrown out the country. :mad:

jackdaniels
12th Aug 2010, 13:35
Pilotmo,
Nobody is so reckless to start an airline without a proper license...
and in addition to this nobody is so fool to sign a contract without housing,medical ecc... baring in mind that rent in auh is extremely expensive! :ok:

leadingedge12
12th Aug 2010, 16:39
XO Jet has major financial backing from Emirates. I'm sure they have the OK to operate their.

FlyTCI
12th Aug 2010, 21:06
leadingedge, not sure where you are getting your info from, but it sure isn't Emirates backing XO. Remember, XO are not based out of Dubai.

XO has one of six posts on a safety board (not sure of the correct name) in the Gulf states, so I believe people are well aware of their existence and would have been long gonners if operating outside of UAE laws.

Pilotmo
13th Aug 2010, 07:05
I do see your point but the Aircraft are all N registered, why not A6?:confused:
They have interviewed a number of Pilots and all have been told they can not employ due to a visa issue.
I was invited to one of there interviews but I heard some negative rumors so I called the UAE Ministry; they confirmed that there is no registered company called XOJET in the UAE.
Jackdaniels makes a good point however these are desperate times, so it is easy to promise that tomorrow they will have a Licence to operate in the UAE, and maybe one day they will, also I do not believe that this was ever intended to be an Airline, VIP Charter operation would be more accurate.
As for the employment contract: as they have no legal right to employ or operate a business in the UAE they can write anything they want in the contract and it will not be worth the paper it is written on. :=

leadingedge12
13th Aug 2010, 16:50
Sorry for the confusion but I was not referring to Emirates the Airline as an inverstor, rather an investment group out of the UAE. They are a corporate VIP operator.