PDA

View Full Version : Times getting worse at EK

Taylor01
29th Mar 2010, 12:00
When someone has to offer 2500dhs (684 USD)for days off to spend with their family you know people are getting desperate. Lets all hope the next few weeks mean something good for us, but I am not holding my breathe!

kingpost
29th Mar 2010, 12:09
That's cheap, someone paid AED 4000 to get rid of a European trip!

puff m'call
29th Mar 2010, 17:45
This place is going to the dogs, it's as simple as that!!!

CAVnotOK
30th Mar 2010, 03:43
Going?

More like GONE!

Cav.

dooner
30th Mar 2010, 13:37
SO that explains the Purina Puppy Chow food on the menu the other night....all makes sense now

Dooner:ok:

Masha
1st Apr 2010, 08:22
What is this all about:p

Sonic Bam
1st Apr 2010, 11:10
I think I'm missing something here.
Are you guys saying you have to pay (bribe?) your rostering people?

tbaylx
1st Apr 2010, 14:06
Not what they meant, though that isn't a bad idea. There is a pilot forum that trips pilots are looking to trade get posted on. If you want someone to trade their days off and take your trip for you, guys will offer a monetary compensation for the guys taking your flight. It seems days off are becoming more valuable at the moment.

Nightfire
1st Apr 2010, 15:06
Sounds like a fair deal. As long as FDL-times are not violated, there's nothing to be said against it. The company allows duty swaps, so there's no problem with that I think.

If it were rostering-guys asking for money, that would be a totally different story. :=

Taylor01
1st Apr 2010, 15:41
Everyone is working so hard we only have min days off. If we were correctly staffed (haha) this would not be happening because guys could swap days for days, no problem. It s*cks that we have to pay 1/7 or more of our monthly pay, for FO's, to get 1 extra day off.:ugh: Lets all keep our fingers crossed for some changes, soon!:ok:

fatbus
2nd Apr 2010, 05:16
from someone who knows someone who did a trip with someone who talked to someone who knows...... 7 weeks 6%

fliion
2nd Apr 2010, 07:02
If above rumour close to truth - it would be a rip off. We were entitled to 3% last year and then 3% of that this year. So 6% would not cover it fully. Add to that the 20% more we are working for free and the dreaded DEWA that will be taken from your paycheck on April 25th and we are way down.

This will be reflected in the lack of qualified interest in EK.

They need to make a statement for people to take a look... but they wont.

f