PDA

View Full Version : Second in command type rating...HELP!

ias295
28th Mar 2010, 15:35
Hello.

I hold a US ATPL with a BAe146 type endorsement. I currently live in Canada and do work for a company that Ferries US registered aircraft around the world.

I have been approached to do some training on an American pilot for the purpose of a Second in command type endorsement. I have been told that, aslong as he has completed a ground school, all he needs is some take-offs and landings and he is good to go (?).

The Aircraft in question is US registered BAe146,(On Canadian soil).

I am not familiar with this process as all Pilots in Canada must be type rated...that means the full simulator and Transport canada flight test, the same as if you were to be Captain.

Without going through all the FAR's can someone tell me if this is leagal?

privateer01
28th Mar 2010, 15:42
Without going through all the FAR's can someone tell me if this is leagal?

FAR's might be the place to look.

Rather dicey asking for advice on the internet....

Doubt if it would make a good defence to a certificate action.

Trolle
28th Mar 2010, 21:27
Sounds familiar. First airline job was as FO on a regional jet. No type rating was ever held by me. Just did the ground school, some hours in the sim and aircraft and that was it.

Piltdown Man
28th Mar 2010, 23:36
If you don't know the answer is no. Simple, unless of course you are poor. As your name will be on matey boy's rating/paperwork, you will only be chased down by by the filth (ie. lawyers) if you are worth something. So to paraphrase a well known movie line, "...so do you feel rich? Punk!"

PM

PS. Would you also take an unknown person's opinion on a website for guidance?