PDA

View Full Version : Emirates CC, your the best !

tezzer
27th Mar 2010, 21:45
A quick note in here just to offset all of thr moans and drips you seem to have.

I have just got off EK18 ex Manchester having done 12 Air France flights in the last 3 weeks, mainly because they were all South America and caribbean trips.

The difference is astounding, yes I know Emirates is World class, but the equipment (even a sleeperette 777) is streets ahead of Air Chance's offering. The crew were fantastic, the food sublime compared to "French "cuisine".

Well done peeps, your the best !

Fart Master
28th Mar 2010, 07:07
Glad you enjoyed it:ok:

Lamyna Flo
28th Mar 2010, 07:27
I'd like to echo tezzer's sentiments. Until a couple of years ago I rarely flew anything but BA. Then I took an EK flight from NBO to LGW. The service, on-time departures and attitude of the crew were streets ahead of BA. The CC spoiled me rotten, in both J and Y classes.

I'm taking the same flights again in a few weeks and am looking forward to it immensely.

I'd also like to say that many of us out here know what EK crew are going through at the moment (I have several friends working for EK in both cockpit and cabin) and think you are all doing a stirling job. You have every right to feel betrayed and unhappy. Keep up the chins and the good work :ok:

puff m'call
28th Mar 2010, 11:05
Lamyna Flo. T

Thanks for the kind words. :ok:

sheikhmahandy
28th Mar 2010, 12:37
You must have caught them on a good day. The cabin crew I see on a daily basis are all zombies and hate the slavery and the way they are treated at EK. Flight deck goes without saying.:mad: Everyone that I meet is trying to leave as soon as they possibly can!!!! Says something if people from the third world want to leave because of conditions within this company. 120hrs flying, with 12 days leave and you can understand why. I saw the roster and people think we are making this stuff up.:ugh:

mensaboy
28th Mar 2010, 14:57
I agree Sheik, but you have to admit... we have the best cabin crew when it come to 'customers' yet most times we have the WORST passengers imaginable. I once went on a flight in economy on EK, and I was shocked by the general behaviour of the pax, yet amazed by how well the crew dealt with things.

On the other hand, Airlines in Europe, Oz and North America (Luftansas excluded because they are great!!)...... have the worst cabin crew and the best passengers! The disparity is mind-boggling!

Granted, our CC are basically enslaved to be so helpful and cooperative, but that is a trade-off for having to be young, personable, willing to work without a union and be treated like crap, in order to fulfill a dream to fly around the world for a few years. EK has the unbelievable advantage of being able to attract some wonderful young women (ok fine some men too), to this job. Central location to some ****-hole places makes this job desirable for some frickin nice and smart people IMHO.

Many legacy carriers have allowed Cabin Crew to expect more from their jobs and demand less of themselves simply due to their unions. BA is a classic example! Honestly, are they so stupid they don't realize they can be replaced in about a week?

It is a fine line between respecting and encouraging excellent cabin crew behaviour and being the Captain of an aircraft and properly exerting your authority (and not just in the cockpit).

I have the utmost respect for our CC, although admittedly I do worry about the performance of some of them, in any EMERGENCY scenario.

roadrunner21
28th Mar 2010, 15:06
Are you kidding AF is awesome. Why did you switch ?
Am not being sarcastic AF is better than EK! Period!

Hope OP will recall the joke/post from FT

BTW OP your thread on FT was ok, but the "I ♥ AF" post on your thread, made my day today. It was brimming full of sarcasm.

On the same note I guess even though AF can be grouchy at times, at least they have pensions. Rebuttal = EK

Lamyna Flo
28th Mar 2010, 17:38
You must have caught them on a good day. The cabin crew I see on a daily basis are all zombies and hate the slavery and the way they are treated at EK. Flight deck goes without saying

Puff - you're welcome.

sheikhmahandy; you know what though? all the crew I have come across hide their exhaustion remarkably well and are extremely professional in they way they handle pax. I've seen (and heard the horror stories about) the kinds of SLF EK crew have to deal with and it never ceases to amaze me how they keep the smiles on their faces and a cheerful, calm demeanour. ****ty pax, and ****ty (mis)management. Shafted from all sides. I'm not surprised EK crew are leaving in droves.

Dunno what roadrunner's barely coherent post is on about though :rolleyes:

Pitch Up Authority
28th Mar 2010, 18:36
AF is the best company in the world to work for. Best pay, Pension, Roster and good Union and that's all that counts. And great country to live in: sun, food, drinks and all that goes with it. For a pilot, it is paradise.

Of course you have to get in first and that's why there are no French speaking pilots that could get into AF working for EK. They are simply too smart for that.

Leito
29th Mar 2010, 07:39
Lamyna Flo & Tezzer; a big THANK YOU for your kind words and feedback, its great to get it from time to time and see that some one out there appreciates our efforts. I hope that your future flights will be as good as the past ones !! :ok:

To the rest who is talking about AF please feel free to share those comments when some one thanks the AF crew, this is about EK's crew !!
:=

Al Fakhem
29th Mar 2010, 09:26
I can second tezzer's comments, perhaps enhancing their accuracy by stating "you're the best".
Over the last four months, I have been back and forth to Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka on EK to the extent that I have accumulated more than 100,000 miles.

Yes, the pax are often beyond belief (not even in their seats and already bellowing "water", not withstanding the fact that they have just come in from the terminal building where water is plentiful). "Please" and "thank you" is not in their vocabulary, although they seem to know all the brands of liquor available.

I can only admire the almost interminable patience shown by CC on such flights.:ok:

tezzer
29th Mar 2010, 12:39
On the spelling / grammatical error, it had been a long day / night / day.

Roll on Friday night, for a warm glow as I settle into my sleeperette!

tezzer
2nd Apr 2010, 08:39
my return trip was changed, and I came back a day early. Unfortunately there were no seats on a decent connection to manchester, so ended up with 9 hours in Dubai. Tried for a hotel, but because there is an earlier flight (with no seats available and no wait list) I am not entitled. Fair enough.

Checked in online, got a window seat (as always) and went to the airport.

Got on sat down, and whilst sipping a glass of fizz, the CC came up and said you are in THIS gentleman's seat. Checked my boarding card (picked up at the airport) to find indeed I was in his seat, mine had been changed to 8J (aisle). I hate aisle seats, getting bumped by every passing trolley or worse people using my headrest as a lever to get them out of the seat behind or to lean on as they walk past. Boom !

So, got up and asked the purser for a feedback form, as I was unhappy with the hotel situation, the fact my seat had been re-allocated AFTER I had checked in, etc. He took immediate charge and ownership of the issue, and did some shuffling to get me a window seat. I felt a little bit guilty about this (no really) complaining about a couple of minor irritatons but everyone came out happy.

So a BIG UP to the cabin crew on EK359 early this morning, you made what would have been a miserable experience SO much better.

I thank you.

Oblaaspop
2nd Apr 2010, 14:47
Blimey, a satisfied customer........... Maybe we should have him stuffed!

King on a Wing
2nd Apr 2010, 17:20
tezzer,
You sure u not errm...sharing pillows with one/some of the EK cc....??!!
Those are nice words indeed,and I daresay well earned! Do i see tinted glass yonder by any chance? Not suggesting ANYTHING though....:cool:
Would never disagree that they are the best around.Second probably only to a couple of far east legacy carriers like say SIA for example..
GREAT professionals nevertheless....

astronaute
2nd Apr 2010, 19:13
"Many legacy carriers have allowed Cabin Crew to expect more from their jobs and demand less of themselves simply due to their unions. BA is a classic example! Honestly, are they so stupid they don't realize they can be replaced in about a week?"

That you, who are stupid,believing, any useless CEO ,could fire any employee in a week !

People working in the western world are not slaves and are not scared by any piece of **** of managers !!!:mad:

tezzer
2nd Apr 2010, 21:58
Just finished my journey home, on teh much delayed 019 to Manchester.

We were delayed by late incoming aircraft, then further delayed by waiting for connecting passengers, and a head wind all the way home.

Couldn;t do much about the weather I suppose, but infuruating all the same.