PDA

View Full Version : UAE President's brother missing

grizzled
27th Mar 2010, 15:40
Sheik Ahmed is missing after a glider crash in Morocco.

With all due respect for his family, I predict an unfolding and sad irony over this. Those who know about aircraft accident investigations in the UAE will know exactly what I mean...

Business Briefing - Finance - Abu Dhabi Executive Missing After Glider Crash - NYTimes.com (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/27/business/global/27bizbriefs-ABUDHABIEXEC_BRF.html)

coffindodger
27th Mar 2010, 17:16
I think with the Horse racing on this evening ,
i think maybe sunday or even monday before any official statement will be made.
He was one of the top 50 richest gentlemen in the world.

Rumours also say he is in the uk on a life support machine.
deep thoughts for the ruling family.

MrMachfivepointfive
27th Mar 2010, 17:21
Lets hope for a good outcome and my sympathies to the family.

Spoonius
28th Mar 2010, 16:09
Really sad - he is a good guy!

puff m'call
29th Mar 2010, 17:53
No Puffy, no.

Drivel deleted

EGGW

Gulfstreamaviator
30th Mar 2010, 16:34
actually some rather good rock on Radio 2 plus the Top Gun Music.......better than the normal programming.......thats about it really, more news will I am sure follow.

glf

SassyPilotsWife
30th Mar 2010, 17:18
Very very sad... we were in the car driving when the radio station did a 180 and started with a prayer. We were pretty sure as to why. Then confirmed it. They are saying his body was nowhere near the other pilot they found who was in " good " condition. Strange.....

mensaboy
2nd Apr 2010, 17:11
My condolenses to the family for sure.

But doesn't anyone else find these events a tad 'odd'? There is more to this story than is being acknowledged for sure. Come on!!!

Perhaps I have become too cynical living in this country. Then again, I thought the other Shk was guilty of torturing that man in the desert........ because I viewed the video!!!!!!!! but, alas, the Courts decreed him innocent. Wow, I felt bad after that one!! haha

NG_Kaptain
2nd Apr 2010, 18:43
My condolenses to the family for sure.

But doesn't anyone else find these events a tad 'odd'? There is more to this story than is being acknowledged for sure. Come on!!!

Perhaps I have become too cynical living in this country. Then again, I thought the other Shk was guilty of torturing that man in the desert........ because I viewed the video!!!!!!!! but, alas, the Courts decreed him innocent. Wow, I felt bad after that one!! haha

But he seems to have been a decent guy.

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Apr 2010, 18:56
If I understood the story correctly, he qualified in accounting, after three years was promoted to chairman of the UAE sovereign wealth fund, as he was an expert, nothing to do with "who his brother was".

However a tragic loss, as he was one of the good guys.

As hinted to previously, I do not expect the accident report to be any more objective that previous UAE reports.

Shame but thats sandy life.

glf

Nightfire
2nd Apr 2010, 19:40
I don't give a :mad: for all those conspiracy-theories, which obviously have to follow. What's so strange about a glider crash where one guy is lucky and the other one isn't.
My condolences to the family.

High 6
3rd Apr 2010, 17:06
It is a sad loss for the country, the UAE cannot afford to lose smart young men as the late Sheikh.

No doubt he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had the best that life in the UAE could offer, however he must have also been one smart cookie to do what he has done with the responsibilities he was given, and to make the Abu Dhabi sovereign fund one of the wealthiest funds in the world.

His will be a hard act to follow. RIP