PDA

View Full Version : Funding for Integrated courses

toblay
27th Mar 2010, 11:01
Does anyone know of any bank willing to lend £70k for training at the moment? I just gotten my admission to Cabair but HSBC don't do funding for the college like they used to. I've approached BBVA but they only do funding for Oxford.

Any info would be much appreciated!!

zerotohero
27th Mar 2010, 12:10
70K! HOLY SH&%

Tell you what, if you get it ill swap it you for my License and 737 Rating! you will just need to put some weight on to look like me and your all set.

I think that ammount of money is a little steap unless your going to re-mortgage your house!

70K really! when you say you got accepted to Cabair,,, do they not accept anyone willing to throw 70k there way? I mean its a business after all, not an airline saying come on board and heres a job after training.

Serious 70K! go to Florida and do it for 45K then spend the other 25K on hookers and beer while you job hunt.

Pelikanpete
27th Mar 2010, 12:37
Not wanting to be patronising but you have just blundered in here with a question that was bound to receive negative responses.

It's disappointing to have to put a dream on the back burner and far easier to ignore the warning signs and find a way to muddle through but you should spend some time thinking about why no banks want to lend that kind of money for commercial pilot training. You are not talking about a high risk, it's actually a near certainty of not getting a well paid enough flying job (or any flying job at all) to cover the debt and live.

A wiser choice (probably for at least the next five years) will be to work hard to earn the money up front and train cheap (modular). You will also receive a bit more respect from people in the industry this way.

mcgoo
27th Mar 2010, 18:41
Mods, is there no way to stop people registering until the have read the archive sticky thread?? :}

Whirlygig
27th Mar 2010, 18:45
Does anyone know of any bank willing to lend £70k for training at the moment?Any bank will as long as you have a house with more than 70k equity in it and can prove you can afford the repayments.

Cheers

Whirls

copywrite33
28th Mar 2010, 01:14
Mods, is there no way to stop people registering until the have read the archive sticky thread??

In defense of the OP the last time the tread in the sticky was update was 2007, we have had a recession since then so the information is more than likely out of date!

FANS
28th Mar 2010, 15:35
Do airlines now require individuals that willingly make reckless, maximum risk decisions?

Under no circumstances should this individual be allowed anywhere near a commercial aircraft. Alternatively, if this is a windup it's making an apt point.

Piltdown Man
28th Mar 2010, 23:48
Any bank will as long as you have a house with more than 70k equity in it and can prove you can afford the repayments.

More like £100K and who cares if you can't afford it. But FANS has a point. If you have an eye, a leg but more importantly a hand to sign a credit agreement, every school on the planet will take you. To pitch up and surprisingly pass the "selection" without having the cash to pay for the course is somewhat naive. But there again, banks have pissed away a fortune on trading derivatives so funding chancers on a CPL course should be right up their street.

PM