PDA

View Full Version : A Good Flying school at Moorabbin?

ALMOSTaPPL
27th Mar 2010, 07:49
I have almost completed my PPL but feel like I am being lead along by my current instructor. All my other instructors had passed me at various stages of my flying. Does anybody know of a really good school at Moorabbin airport where I could complete successfully?:ugh:

WannaBeBiggles
27th Mar 2010, 23:06
You can't go past Peter Bini's, they don't do international students and go above and beyond with their training.

Steve is renowned as one of the people to get your instrument rating with.

Do a search on these forums, there are plenty of people on here that'll recommend them as well.

Brian Abraham
27th Mar 2010, 23:59
If you want to make the drive highly recommend Peninsula Aero Club at Tyabb.

MyNameIsIs
28th Mar 2010, 00:09
MFS :ok:

Good, experienced bunch of people there.

AirBumps
28th Mar 2010, 00:12
I agree that Binis, in particular Steve, is pretty good. But you can't go past MFT. Glenn bent over backwards to help me finish my PPL when I came to see him several years ago. I had complted my GFPT but was abandoned by my then instructor. I went over to Glenn, told him I wanted to do 6 navs in the next 2 weeks, could he help me? That afternoon an instructor called me, navs organised and 3 weeks later I had a PPL. Bloke is a champion!

AB

AirBumps
28th Mar 2010, 01:23
And the instructor was bloody fantastic, knew everything and never run off runways in very strong crosswinds http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
...nope, not once did he turn the aeroplane into a rally car and start doing handbrake turns around taxiway signs :ok:

Taught me something very important about landings too...NCD

AB

ALMOSTaPPL
31st Mar 2010, 03:21
I thank you all for your training preferences at MA and I will discuss these issues back at base, cheers all and happy flying!