PDA

View Full Version : Damned unfortunate choice of journo

talk_shy_tall_knight
26th Mar 2010, 13:38
From the times online:ooh:

Vienna Boys’ Choir caught up in sex abuse scandals -Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7065824.ece)

Bugger all to do with airplanes mind.

BEagle
26th Mar 2010, 13:47
Certainly not mil aircrew stuff. But I'm sure you'll be let off as it is Friday, after all!

But (apart from the unpleasant story), what a very unfortunate choice of name....... Made Oi larff - though the story certainly didn't.

barnstormer1968
26th Mar 2010, 15:37
OMG, what a name!

I have not read the story as I have not recovered from coughing, as I laughed so much at that name!

30mRad
26th Mar 2010, 16:31
Is this going to develop into an amusing collation of names a la Bart Simpson telephone calls?!

Here's one....someone named their first daughter Jenna. Unfortunately their surname was Taylor, and they didn't notice until post-registering the name!

Sad that the ignition to this thread is such a sad and appaling news report :rolleyes:

Grabbers
26th Mar 2010, 20:16
A friend of mine once stepped out with a lady named Angela De'ath.

LogieBear
26th Mar 2010, 20:22
I have a fwiend in Wome called Wodger Boyes.....

chopper2004
27th Mar 2010, 16:16
Roger the artful dodger

Molemot
27th Mar 2010, 16:22
Once encountered a welfare officer by the name of Hartless....

CirrusF
27th Mar 2010, 18:54
More interesting than fictitious unfortunate names, are the genuinely unfortunate ones.

There genuinely used to be a "Doctor De'ath" at Caius College, Cambridge in the late 80s - I don't know whether he is still there.

But I am still wondrous at this BBC interview with a certain army officer:
BBC NEWS | UK | Major 'staggered' at changed Basra (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8014318.stm)

Well at least that gets the thread back onto military aviation, albeit with a rather sad memory.

Hydraulic Palm Tree
27th Mar 2010, 21:30
I used to work with a Major Dick.....now a Lt Col

L1011effoh
28th Mar 2010, 17:01
Genuine person (friend of a friend) Wayne Carr.

RetiredSHRigger
28th Mar 2010, 17:13
:DKellys garden San Carlos 1984 listening to Wendy on FIBS she played a request dedicated to Able Seaman stains, almost as amusing as listening to the darts!!!

ArthurR
28th Mar 2010, 17:22
At one time in the Army there must have been a private Parts,
and being as Bates is quite a common surname, it follows that master before hand works

pun not intended

iwalkedaway
28th Mar 2010, 20:34
A Canadian friend named Bryan Tryzers was in fact apparently fearless.

Old-Duffer
31st Mar 2010, 20:16
......... I know a chap called Piers Upham

Icare9
31st Mar 2010, 20:51
I note that there is also mention of Sgt Pepper in CirrusF's link!

There used to be a TV programme "Opportunity Knocks" which Mother in Law used to love. There came a time when one of the acts was a very talented pianist an Australian if I remember correctly, by the name of Wayne King. Week after week he was the winning act
She used to visit and almost the first words were "Wayne King again" and she could never understand why I had to immediately rush out trying desperately not to burst into laughter. She never did understand what was so funny.... especially when she continually mispronounced "pianist"!!

Prangster
1st Apr 2010, 11:51
Used to fish a trout stream where the bailiff was Courtney Moore