PDA

View Full Version : blocked eustachian tube

smallfish
21st Mar 2001, 18:32
Following on from a bad cold I had a few weeks back I am currently unable to pop my left ear, I guess due to a blocked eustacian tube. Can anyone recommend any treatment for this. I'm not flying at the mo' but returning to duty in April and hope not to be confined to low level exercises!

caqtas air
22nd Mar 2001, 15:00
Mate, get this fixed real quick. I nearly lost my job over it, as it caused all sorts of problems, unknown to myself, it became blocked after dental work, and the Doc was quite sure I had Meniers Disease, as I started to bleed from the left ear everytime the A/C got to a certain height, most off putting to my F/O as you can imagine, also I got dizzy for no apparent reason, sooooo go see a ENT bloke before you start flying if no help from your GP.....

smallfish
22nd Mar 2001, 16:22
Thanks for the advice caqtas air. What did your treatment involve? Just so I can suggest it to doc if he doesn't have any ideas.

mcdhu
23rd Mar 2001, 15:23
Smallfish. Caqtas air is spot on! Don't take to the air unless you can clear your ears. Otherwise you could well burst an eardrum. There are lots of drug options available to your GP. If you can't get to a GP, try a pharmacist - if you're in UK. Good luck with it.