PDA

View Full Version : EK Rosters

trent1974
24th Mar 2010, 18:42
Been hearing mixed reports on the rosters at EK.

My interest is in Layovers and turnarounds on both the 777 and Airbus side.

How many days can you expect to be away from home if you bid only for turnarounds every time? Are there many 5 or 6 day pairings?

Thanks for any constructive comments and information.

B. Bonga
24th Mar 2010, 19:32
..........what animal is a "bid" habibi ?:}

No such "animal" exists in EK:E ........used exist, but now is extinct ! Was killed by a hunter called CRS......

trent1974
24th Mar 2010, 19:48
This is why I said "constructive comments".

NEXT!

EK Snorkel
24th Mar 2010, 20:47
..........what animal is a "bid" habibi ?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

No such "animal" exists in EKhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif ........used exist, but now is extinct ! Was killed by a hunter called CRS......

McGreaser
24th Mar 2010, 21:14
Expecting a constructive answer on the subject of bidding in EK and let alone from EK Ppruners is asking for a Lazarus-like miracle.:ugh: You honestly cannot plan your life based on the bidding system whether on boeing or on the bus. You just have to make the best of what you get. Make a few swops if you can otherwise on the few occassions you will get what you want, it will be punctuated with what you don't want.

.........what animal is a "bid" habibi ?

No such "animal" exists in EK ........used exist, but now is extinct ! Was killed by a hunter called CRS......

I think would be a fair assessment of the bidding system in EK

Kamelchaser
25th Mar 2010, 03:43
Here's an example of what you can expect Trent (777 roster this month).

15 days leave.
Rostered flight up to 3 hours before leave starts.
75 hours flying in the remaining 15 days (equates to 150hrs for a full month!!!!!
Flying from west coast of US through to Far East within days...a 16 hour time zone change...and then East Coast Australia..another couple of hours time difference.
A grand total of three days off in the remaining 15 days of work ("oh...you've had plenty of days off on leave..why would we give you any more days off during your 88hrs of duty in 15 days, spanning 18 time zones and 7 night sectors..after all you're only working 8 hours more than our office workers over that 2 week period..what are you complaining about?")

Note; hint of scarcasm in the last paragraph in case you missed it

So Trent, hope you enjoy your time here if you decide to come.

CAVnotOK
25th Mar 2010, 04:50
You MUST be punished for taking leave!

Cav.

gotoindia
25th Mar 2010, 05:10
I'm rostered for 100 hours in April, that doesn't leave much time or strength for family matters. Enough is enough, I've already resigned.

What you outsiders don't seem to understand, it's not just the block hour total, it's the mix of day and night flying and crossing 16 time zones in a month. Very unhealthy, impossible to be a husband/father while exhausted on days off.

kennedy
25th Mar 2010, 08:42
Just under 90 hrs in 21 days and still on reserve!

Dog tired, and unsustainable!

Forgotten what my wife looks like!

Mr Angry from Purley
25th Mar 2010, 10:05
KAMEL
That sounds like not enough crew (big time) in simplistic terms.

:\

R. Cramden
25th Mar 2010, 12:29
Forgotten what my wife looks like!

So there is a bright side to this.

fatbus
25th Mar 2010, 13:43
the computer does do the insertion but CRS is manipulated to do it the way the company's wants so they can stand back and say it was not manual, you will find more top bid rosters effected by this, about 2 years ago there was a small group of pilots( strong union back ground as well as experience with bidding) were working the system to their advantage ( read O/T ), AAR found out and the rest is what we have now, Thanks boys

mensaboy
25th Mar 2010, 14:18
So Fatbus, you are blaming a few pilots who years ago 'allegedly' worked the bidding system to their advantage. Even if your assertion, which is straight out of the company propaganda manual, was true, so what? They didn't disadvantage their colleagues in any way, so how about focusing your venom on the real problem.

The true reason for the disgusting, often illegal and de-humanizing rostering practices at Emirates Airline is AAR. He is the sole reason that rostering is such a nightmare for pilots at EK. THANKS BOY!!!

By the way, what exactly do you mean the computer ''does do the manual insertions''? One of the most bizarre assertions I have ever read here on Pprune. (other than the recent 'company' inserted posts)

trimotor
26th Mar 2010, 03:52
LR 3 - check facts and FOM before speaking 'truth': you can't be on duty at 0230 immediately following leave.

FOM gives you a day off and I've never heard of it not happening- if it does, get on the phone.

harry the cod
26th Mar 2010, 17:36
Trimotor

You beat me to it! Not only a day off after leave, but you'd then need a rest day before your 0230 report.

Perhaps if some people were more realistic and didn't try for 6 days off before leave, they might not get that DOH the day before leave starts. I've always just gone for 2 and have never not got them.

Harry

Sheet House Rat
27th Mar 2010, 10:50
Seniority, bid group, bidding strategies.... just an illusion to make you feel like you've got a choice in the matter.

Rostering system is rife with manipulations (pre-assignments for training; management pilot cherry picking trips etc..) and constraints which prevent the software package from working as intended.

Best advice, don't expect the bidding system to always work the way you'd like it to work. Sometimes it's fantastic what can come out of the system, others.. just plain tragic, painful and fatiguing..:ouch:

On the bright side, each roster delivery day is like a surprise party.... you can keep discovering each and every month you are here..:D

SHR

trent1974
27th Mar 2010, 16:15
It may seem unbelievable to some but I am dealing with all of this on a daily basis at my current airline so it wouldn't be any big change for me (except, of course, the pay)

Lamyna Flo
27th Mar 2010, 16:23
You're not with Al******tAir are you?

trent1974
27th Mar 2010, 16:38
Never heard of Al******tAir. Are they new?

Lamyna Flo
27th Mar 2010, 16:47
No, but they're based in Vegas. Anyone flying in Vegas (my assumption, apologies if wrong) would know who I was referring to.

saviboy
1st Jul 2010, 14:10
Hi could a few guys send some of their rosters (330 and 777)?

thank you very much

dustyprops
1st Jul 2010, 14:37
No! Would you like me to publish my name, staff number, address, and seniority number as well?:ugh:

saviboy
1st Jul 2010, 15:46
I'm sorry I didn't realize I had to specify what seems to be obvious to me. Could somebody please their 330 and 777 rosters while erasing any sensitive info. Thank you very much

145qrh
1st Jul 2010, 15:49
Unless you want it blank then we could be identified. Management are stupid, but not that stupid..:ugh:

SOPS
2nd Jul 2010, 05:48
its simple..aNY ROSTER 330 or 777 involves 98 hours of hard flying that is making people collapse. What else do you want to know?

nolimitholdem
2nd Jul 2010, 06:30
According to the latest missive from the "New Guy" (who seems to sound a lot like the Old Guy/Last Guy/Next Guy), a large part of the blame rests on those cads who dare to call Sick or Fatigued.

This causes a lot of havoc as they attempt to "rescue" the roster and thus other pilots are disadvantaged by having to cover.

wtf?!?

In other words, please don't call sick or fatigued. Because it's your fault then that your colleagues are suffering.

Or could it be that guys are...sick...and tired?!

Emirates have to be the biggest bunch of hypocritical pr$cks in the industry...on the one hand want to take credit for not laying off "160 surplus pilots" during the downturn (no doubt due to the kindness of their hearts). Yet run away from taking responsibility for the current shortage of pilots.

Don't preach safety and then issue veiled complaints about how guys who feel that perhaps it's UNSAFE to fly SICK OR FATIGUED do the right thing and pull themselves off the field!!

This place would be a lot better if we just had some leadership instead of snivelling cowardice like this letter. (Latest Flt Ops Update)

Wizofoz
2nd Jul 2010, 10:25
NLH,

I might disagree with a lot you say, but you are on the money here.

The only way this level of work can remain safe is if it is short term and people don't fly when they are too tired.

It's quite possible to build a legal roster under ANY FTLS that is still fatiguing to an unacceptable degree. If it catches up to you, you DON'T FLY.

What exactley is it he is asking us to do? Predict a week in advance as to whether we will be fatigued or not? Suits me!

I also wonder how much more of a mess we would be in now if they HAD gotten rid of the 160 pilots we were supposedly surplus!

pool
2nd Jul 2010, 22:09
Didn't take long for Johnny to show that he's AARs Poodle, another one.

Every time EK managers pretend something, you can be sure the truth's the other way around.
By pressing 2 you actually HELP your collegues!
EK only reacts with statistics and numbers. Too many sick -> problem. First reaction -> denial. Second reaction -> threats. But third reaction finally -> action.
Numbers must get desperate and even airframes grounded, only then they will increase the pilots numbers and reduce the hours.
Don't feel guilty, you're doing the right thing. For safety, for your buddies, for your own health and finally even for the company.

JA, you should be ashamed, but then again, you took the job very much knowing, knowing....

Not from here
3rd Jul 2010, 03:35
Different name same rubbish seems like the British chap is cut from the same cloth as the Yank, we had before get ready for more stupid FCN.FCI ,

Right so it pilots going sick which is the problem not that we are all working 90+ hrs a month.
Does he really believe this C@!@P

The more it changes the more it stays the same
:ugh:

fjordviking
3rd Jul 2010, 06:41
LR 3 you could always hope for AAR doing a sterling piece of driving in the true spirit of the chosen ones down SZR.

kiwi
3rd Jul 2010, 13:14
LR3, it's quite simple to understand that no rostering system will or can ever work unless it has the correct resourses to comply with the restrictions that it is charged with complying with.
I believe that EK hasn't been in a position to allow the rostering system to generate rosters for quite some time, without a considerable number of "ghost" pilots that in reality don't exist.

dustyprops
4th Jul 2010, 05:49
Overcrewed by 160 pilots to undercrewed in the space of a year?!?!?! Smells like sh!t to me and that letter seems to indicate that new guy is full of the same stuff. 5 weeks it's taken him to come up with that piece of literary genious. Agreed broken english, there is no big changes in my logbook from last year either. It's all bullsh!t.

halas
5th Jul 2010, 12:52
So did Sky Air World :}

halas

fourgolds
6th Jul 2010, 08:09
Gentleman and Ladies

When you look at the BP execs being grillled by congress , the strongest argument came from workers on the rigs ( whistleblowers) who had expressed their concerns to their managers.

We have a professional obligation to do so. The ASR system is the single gauranteed source of information. This way there will be some accountablity at least in the ivory towers when the inevitable happens.

We know that ASR,s are read by the entire management structure from His Highness and the Chairman and the entire management team. So if the evidence were to present itself , they would not be able to pass the buck. They would have been informed.

I am disgusted at the blatant disregaurd for what the pilot group is saying referece fatigue.

Cloud Bunny
8th Jul 2010, 20:24
Slightly off topic sorry chaps but just have a question and can't think of where else to put it.
I've just been having an aerosexual moment on airliners.net and there was a pic of an EK 777 Freighter landing in DUS.
If you fly the 777 can you be rostered for cargo flights or is this a seperate entity? I know the contract used to be flown by Atlas Air with the 747 if I'm not mistaken?
Again, apologies for taking this a bit off topic but just curious as I gather a bit more info before applying.

Cheers
CB:ok:

BLOGGSON
8th Jul 2010, 20:47
If you fly the 777, you can also fly the 777F, after completing an on line differences course. Actually it's a breeze; no pax, no hosties, sometimes just a loadmaster, so no waiting for some buffoon who's shopping in duty free, or late connexions.

Apart from flying mostly at night it's pretty good. It usually leaves DXB empty, so it goes like a rat up a drain pipe.

Recommended

jinglied
9th Jul 2010, 03:16
Fourgolds..

I agree with your point about filing ASR's. However, the management in this company can, and will, punish those of us who file an ASR that will make them look BAD.

Case in point? Check the ASR filed March 13 of this year. A380 flight DXB to SYD. TRE who was Captain (PF) intentionally flew above max speed below 5000. The operating FO filed the ASR, and since then has been off line for 3 months.... apparently he's SICK.. I can only imagine how his career is going to play out here at EK. And we have a very senior A380 TRE busting SOP's. (He continued his roster as normal) The post flight analysis confirmed the ASR report. (280 kts)

Another case in point? Manchester last year..

Jinglie'd

Instant Hooligan
9th Jul 2010, 07:11
Jinglied,
"Below 10,000ft AAL, the max speed shall be limited to the GREATER of 250kts OR flaps up manouvering/clean speed, unless
a) the arrival or dep requires a higher speed or
b) a higher speed is requested by ATC

The speed limit is mandatory below 5000ft AAL".

( the speed limit in this instance being 250kts or clean speed)
Now i dont know what clean speed was on that day but maybe for such a long sector length it was above 250kts in which case acceleration to the clean speed would have been i.a.w company sops.

jinglied
9th Jul 2010, 10:11
Instant Hooligan,

I think everyone knows that speed control SOP.

Jinglie'd

Instant Hooligan
9th Jul 2010, 11:02
Well I've read the ASR you allude to and unless you know some information we are not privy to, then I dont understand your issue with the ASR in question?

Cloud Bunny
9th Jul 2010, 16:33
Thanks BLOGGSON, sounds interesting.

Cheers

Instant Hooligan
9th Jul 2010, 18:56
Thanks 380, nice wing on that thing...!!

jinglied
10th Jul 2010, 15:25
Instant Hooligan,

My comments have nothing to do with that ASR. It is about the actions of management.

The TRE intentionally broke an SOP. Intentionally....

The FO who wrote the ASR was Removed from Roster as he embarrased this TRE and the company. Think Australian Safety Board.

The FO was not, is not "sick".

The TRE remained on line. Think Australian Safety Board.

The Fo's career prospects are questionable. (I think he'll be fired soon)

My point is all about the threats from Management. This case is a prime example of that. (As was Manchester, where the crew was fired)

|Jinglie'd

porkandbrew
10th Jul 2010, 17:39
I know the TRE in question, and I know the FO.
The TRE is one of the practical trainers whose CRM skills are top notch. The FO on the other hand is bordering on paranoid, and I personally do not think he has a place in an airplane cockpit.
Pork

jinglied
16th Jul 2010, 06:01
porkandbrew...

You obviously know both of these individuals better than I. I just wonder what type of CRM this A380 senior TRE was using when he intentionally busted SOP's. Post flight data confirms it.

I know the FO, but not well. Paranoid? After this incident, I would be!!

And by the way, go see the boss of HR. Normally I would say she's a great girl. Ask her about this little incident and see how she reacts....

Jinglie'd

saywhat
16th Jul 2010, 06:50
I have no respect for people who have to run to management to settle their own problems. Doesn't deserve a job...should go

troff
16th Jul 2010, 21:25
Roger THAT!

EFC 3 DAYS
16th Jul 2010, 22:18
SEAMAN STAYNES (great name) from EK wrote
Never used to be like this, I put it down to the type of guys we are attracting now, not everyone (before you all shout out) but we do seem to get some really weird guys now
I assume that the majority of ASRs are written by Captains. With that in mind I would therefore suggest that the stupid, silly and idiotic ASRs you complain about are not written by newhire pilots but by the newly upgraded First Officers who are now Captains. Maybe you should reword your post to to read "we do seem to be upgrading some really limp First Officers now"

Dropp the Pilot
17th Jul 2010, 02:16
Some of mine are "almost an unstable approach" and that old standby "unable to contact Bombay on HF".

Kamelchaser
17th Jul 2010, 06:22
...254 knots at 4,700ft. Definately need an ASR for that :ugh:

woodja51
17th Jul 2010, 15:44
or generated config warning because f30 selected before gear down due to trying to meet 1500' cutoff etc ... indicates a serious lack of SA more to me ... having no idea of aircraft configuration and generating self inflicted warnings...??? and ......yes I have done it once too... when tired... but really do we need to tell folks about it.... just makes you look like a numpty to me!! but what would I know... unless you are trying to quote fatigue.. but then that is a thin wedge...
WJA

CAYNINE
17th Jul 2010, 23:53
....always be careful standing up to expose yourself.... as in war, the bullet finds it's mark so much easier.

CAVnotOK
18th Jul 2010, 04:03
What are the safety related implications of the system doing it's job??

Perfect case in point, Config warning on takeoff due gear not straight. Once again terrible SA, but certainly not requiring an ASR.

Cav.

5star
18th Jul 2010, 08:32
Best one I ve ever read in the weekly reports was the one climbing out at
>260 kts when he was close to MTOW. (for the non B drivers: close to clean spead in climb). you must really be a w@nk3r.

S.S. totally with you on this one.

av8sean
19th Jul 2010, 08:39
What are considered the desirable / undesirable trips? I'd imagine Africa would be low on the list, and Europe/Australia high based on the amount of expats from those countries. What about East Asia and South East Asia?

CAVnotOK
19th Jul 2010, 11:17
Alot of Guys on the Airbus actually request Africa just to get a layover and avoid more Indian turns. What a life!

Otherwise, there are enough guys here from around the globe to make everywhere desirable for someone.

Cav.

Iver
19th Jul 2010, 20:59
Although I'd imagine the Indian pilots probably don't mind the India turns as much as others...

Hook
19th Jul 2010, 22:01
We don't dislike flying to India because it's India. The Indian turns are actually quite decent in terms of flight duty time - about 3 hours each way.
The problem is the time of day, with most departing late at night. Even Indian pilots hate doing these as anyone else would.

fatbus
20th Jul 2010, 10:56
and why would Indian pilots like doing turns to india. day time ones are not bad at all its the crap at night that no one wants, but if the indian guys want them at night I have a couple they can have

ProteaPete
20th Jul 2010, 15:18
That's quite a good idea: have the indian pilots fly the indian turn-arounds. They are better placed to cope with the gibberish on VHF and deal with the infernal bad manners of the masses climbing over each other on HF, not to mention the bull****-artists amongst the ground-staff after they land.

Someone with local exposure to the culture can better work with the idiotic processes on the ground. And they'll be better at it if the inevitable issues with some of the world-renowned horrible pax that ALWAYS take place get out of hand and they need the capt involved for whatever reason.

Capetown is a looooong flight with plenty of nighttime flying but the S. Africans climb over each other to get it. They can have it!

The French love going to Paris which is arguably a pain in the butt.

People complain about the "rigours" of flying to Australia yet the aussies seem happy enough with it. Leave it to them!

Leave bombay and madras for the indians; they should love it more than anyone else!

Imagine what a boost for morale that would be! We should request one of TCAS's bull**** online polls about it immediately. Even if it was secretly voted against, TCAS could just lie to us again and push it in anyway. :) :) :)

QCM
21st Jul 2010, 07:28
...and all the expats should leave Dubai to the Emiratis?:hmm:

carlsonclan
21st Jul 2010, 21:43
do you not bid for lines? how many days off do you get a month? do you just work on call? How many days off in the month do you get? How many hours do you fly when your working? What are the FLIGHT hours like?
FOr instance,
i go to work now, fly 4-8 hour days...go to overnight (usually 8-12 hours)
then fly again for 3 more days.
Im away from home 4 days a week and home for 3 days.

IS there anything positive to say about Emirates? Id like to hear all the bad with the good....

White Sausage
9th Nov 2010, 01:30
Am a 777 driver, 103 hours this month, 8 days off :ugh:
Never worked harder in my life :mad:
Time to get outta here, this is just ridiculous :=

falconeasydriver
23rd Nov 2010, 14:45
I know its Crimbo next month blah blah blah....but has anyone seen sign of their F/O or Cpt roster yet? :hmm:

BigGeordie
23rd Nov 2010, 14:53
Airbus rosters are out. Another 90 hour month.:ugh: Still, I see from 7 Days today that our independent and unbiased regulator says that there is no fatigue problem here. So that's alright then.

SeanJ
2nd Jan 2011, 15:39
So no one can post an actual monthly roster (schedule or whatever you call it) because manangement will see it and bust you? I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls here, but dustyprops and 145qrh made it sound like posting an actual schedule, even de-identified, could get you identified and into trouble...

All the info you guys have provided is great, its really appreciated, but do I understand correctly that we (non EK pilots) will never see an ACTUAL schedule until we work there or we're really good friends with someone?

thanks

troff
2nd Jan 2011, 16:03
It's a schedule. What do you want to know? You do a few flights and you get a fewer days off. Some flights are night turns and some are not. Layovers are sometimes short or long. Days away are two to nine.
They are as different as snowflakes.
Can you show me a snowflake? I want to know what one looks like. :ugh:

Oblaaspop
2nd Jan 2011, 17:24
Nice one Troff:D

BLOGGSON
24th Mar 2011, 06:37
TROFF,

What I want to know is: when are my days off so I can plan some kind of social life. I don't give a toss which bit of tarmac they're sending me to or how often.

It's not asking much to want to be able to tell your friends that you can or cannot come to their piss up or buy tickets for a concert etc, is it?

The company expects maximum flexibility from us but in this respect they steadfastly refuse to afford us the same courtesy. (Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be surprised).

Bloggs

RoyBoy20
28th Mar 2011, 12:45
Hello

I'm curious to know whether or not flight crew are able to leave DXB on days off? If I were to join would I be able to go to the UK on a block of 4-5 days off at least once a month? If so which fleet is preferable for this?

Kind Regards,

r0v3r
28th Mar 2011, 17:09
I highly doubt you'll ever get 4-5 days off at one time.

helen-damnation
28th Mar 2011, 19:58
If I were to join would I be able to go to the UK on a block of 4-5 days off at least once a month? If so which fleet is preferable for this?

In theory it's possible, but most months you would have to work hard to do swaps and sell your soul to get the days off. There are a number of folks that do it but it ain't easy!

If you need to have the days off every month, IMHO, don't do it. If it's not a must, but something you could live without on a regular basis, delve a little deeper.

H-D

fatbus
29th Mar 2011, 10:29
There are plenty of pilots getting 4-5 days off in a row and some even more 7+, you just cant count on it.

Saltaire
29th Mar 2011, 15:19
Possible on the 777 or 380 fleets currently, but don't count on it. Completely impossible on the 330/340 fleet. It's a short haul fleet being scheduled with no ULR's with similar hours to the long haul fleets. Crazy and dangerous. Go 777 or 380.

RoyBoy20
29th Mar 2011, 18:51
Thanks for the info guys. Will keep it all in mind if I choose to go down this route.

Free wings
11th Apr 2011, 11:55
Hello,

I would appreciate If someone could give me a brief explanation in how the 42 annual leave days are allocated. Can I group about 3 annual leave days everymonth with my days off, so I end up having 6-7 days off consecutively, like in Korean Air?? I have no clue how it works, and would be very helpful to see if I can commute home at least once per month, with 6-7 days off aprox.

Thanks!!

SOPS
11th Apr 2011, 12:13
Free Wings....not ubtil hell freezes over.....I would kill for enough days off to ger home.....

Boeing 777-300ER
11th Apr 2011, 13:17
Why isn't annual leave days allocated on a yearly basis?

With all the recruitment going on, new joiners and command upgrades, why is Emirates still short of staff?

SOPS
11th Apr 2011, 13:32
Leave..allocated on a annual basis...:ugh:..thats funny..sometimes they will give a "forced" group of just 4 days leave (useless if you want to leave Dubai to go home) but handy to EK if you are bunping on max hours....as far as "all yne new joiners"....maybe the supply is running out, and also new aircraft keep arriving without enough crew to fly them, so the hours stay high, for captains at least:{

Free wings
11th Apr 2011, 14:43
Thanks SOPS,

now that I know that no chance, or at least difficult to get home everymonth, still don't know how they allocate your 42 leave days.
Do you have a few of them everymonth, or twice a year 10 days... I am just guessing. Obviously EK is not commuting contract, but the ones that you are working there and live in Europe, how often do you guys go home??

three eighty
11th Apr 2011, 15:18
Free wings
Forget about commuting - end of story.
If you come work here, then accept the fact that this is your new home and vacations are the time that you will be heading back to where you are from, not days off or "roster management".

Your family may well get to go back more regularly but not you.

Free wings
11th Apr 2011, 16:36
Thanks Contacted,

that sounds a very accurate answer. I heard some rumours, but I got facts now. So I see that going home only in annual leave, and any other days off, to be spent in Dubai. It's a bit hard for me to understand about the bidding system you guys have, because in my company the roster is non-changable , and what you have is what you will fly, and no bidding at all.

White Knight
11th Apr 2011, 17:22
So I see that going home only in annual leave, and any other days off, to be spent in Dubai

Hola - it depends if you like to travel elsewhere. Or Not as is the case with some of my colleagues!!! There is a lot to see within 4 hours of DXB that can easily be done on a couple of days off. Just take a good look at the loads and you won't have any problems if you're flexible. I (nor any of my family) have been bumped off on staff travel - and to the 'moaning mary' types - we use it a lot:ok:

That being said - it would be nice to see more blocks of 7 days off, but I think this will only happen in the future if the company moves from ADOPT to a bidline system:{

trent1974
25th May 2011, 06:26
Can someone tell me the Yahoo Groups that handles 777 Roster swaps?

Thanks

Dropp the Pilot
25th May 2011, 13:48
Wrong.

If you leave Dubai in an acclimatized state, you remain acclimatized to Dubai even if you vacation on the other side of the planet for three weeks and return to Dubai 2 hours before your report time for SFO.

You only lose your acclimatized state if you end a duty outside the zone.

So

-be kind to yourself
-read the OM(A)
-cease perpetuating splenetic twaddle

Dropp the Pilot
25th May 2011, 17:47
Take OM(A) section 7 page 7 first paragraph
add a set
grasp the latter lovingly yet firmly
what more do you need?

bigdaviet
7th Sep 2011, 19:12
Would anyone be willing to PM me their roster?

I would be happy if you wish to 'change' the destinations to help with anonymity!

I would just like to see an 'example roster.'

Thanks.

Craggenmore
8th Sep 2011, 23:02
Controlled rest..!

145qrh
22nd Sep 2011, 15:04
Another month, another sh1t roster..What is the point , top bid, no layovers I wanted, no days off before or after leave..Top bid my @rse.:ugh:

harry the cod
22nd Sep 2011, 19:48
Airbus fleet by chance? :uhoh:

Harry

jeff748
23rd Sep 2011, 07:00
Not complaining, just commenting. I don't mind the flying- I love the job- but it's a hard go when you are sent to Houston one week and then KL and MEL the next. Schedules like that are asking for fatigue.

glofish
23rd Sep 2011, 07:37
Same here.

I know I will be shot down by the usual EK sycophants, but I say it again:

We get flyers, articles on the portal from studies and so forth about the way rostering should look like to mitigate fatigue. Only to see them removed when the bs rosters constantly do otherwise.

There was an article about how to roster multiple sectors over many time zones, to avoid 24h consecutive layovers in favor of one shorter (18h) or if in multiples, to go for 36h, to enable 2 sleep cycles.
Look at that ominous KUL-MEL, or the other FE-AUS multiple sector pairings (now new on the F): All have consecutive, killing 24h layovers at impossible hours.
Where is that article now? Nothing nowhere anymore!

Same goes with the East - West sectors. There was stipulation as to minimize this, even avoid, or at least to set in enough local nights to get your inner platform to spin more or less normally again.
Where is such an article now? Where is the FRMS? Oh, right, they are "observing" and analyzing the rosters. Eternally. The findings will be placed on our graves, with the flag.

I do also love flying, love the job. But I'd love to see someone, someday to stick to the serious findings and what has been published. The constant shoving down the responsibility to the individual to mitigate fatigue, knowing he can only do it by pressing 2 and subsequently getting harassed by some jerks in the office who themselves never fly ULRs, is immoral and unsafe.

Machspeed
23rd Sep 2011, 17:12
Contacted

You said "If you want maximum days off (as opposed to maximum time at home),...."

Are you saying that 48 hours RON say in SFO is counted as two days off or part of your days off calculation?

I would think that max days off would equate to max time at home... :confused:

falconeasydriver
24th Sep 2011, 13:14
Just like contacted said, the time spent at home needs to be quality time.

FWIW, my standing bid gives me a ULR at the start and the end of the month, and I do my penance with an Indian turn and (hopefully) and EU/UK layover.
This results in 87-90 block hours, 16-18 days at home, and as long as I'm sensible with rest on the ULR's, I still feel quite spritely.

fatbus
24th Sep 2011, 16:18
Today I had breakfast with the family, did a turn and had dinner with the family with tomorow off,I call that quality time with the family for doing a turn.

145qrh
24th Sep 2011, 20:36
Glad you're not my dad fatbus, getting me up at 4am to have brekkie ,then not letting me have tea until 9pm at night...:)

givemewings
24th Sep 2011, 21:02
I know you're just being a smartarse qrh but not all the turns are long night ones.... flatmate other day left at around 10 back by mid to late afternoon, I think she did a single GCC turn.... I know the CC are sometimes rostered doubles eg DOH/BAH, do they roster these for the flight crew as well? I'm not sure why but some are done as singles, whereas the CC will do a double. Training sectors perhaps?

Kernow 101
9th Feb 2012, 09:52
Can you guys give me an idea of your last 3 months duty time for both Airbus (330/340) and Boeing.

I have heard that the staffing numbers have picked up a bit and wanted a more recent idea of relative duty times.

Also, any truth that only Bus slots are available for newbies until later this year?

Thanks.

ruserious
9th Feb 2012, 11:19
The average hours for captains on both fleets was 88 for February and a couple of hours higher than that for January

Kernow 101
9th Feb 2012, 12:34
Thanks, and for FO's?

InnocentBystander
9th Feb 2012, 13:46
Staffing levels on the 777 F/O side are now very good. Last 12 months I've averaged 75 hours not including vacation. With vacation it was closer to 65 hours.